Eufy Robovac 35c Working with Home_Assistant - Updated 11/2020 - How To Guide - Now with Edge Cleaning!

i passed the output to a file, opened it with studio code and found it :slight_smile:

I tried all of the above. I am not able to find the device ID an local key. I use bluestacks ona a Mac, adb installed. I use version 2.3.2 of the app. When I open the app I see a lot going on in the terminal window, but the local key am devID are not there.
One thing that I notice: the robovac is shown as offline when I start the app in bluestacks (it is shown properly on my iPhone). But as soon as I login to the Eufy app in bluestacks it is shown as offline. Could that be the problem and has anyone else experienced this?

Greetings,
Pete

I think that this is your problem… The Eufy app needs to connect to your account to gather the tokens etc. If your bluestacks app is showing offline then I’m guessing the app cannot communicate with the Robovac and therefore you’re not seeing anything.

Have you ever been able to connect to the Robovac using the app on bluestacks?

Yeah I though so. No, I have newer been able to connect to the Robovac via Bluestacks. The Bluestacks App itself has a internet connection (Chrome etc. works fine). I also tried to install the latest Version of the eufy app (just to see whether I can connect to the robovac there) but it also says “offline”. I also tried to add the Robovac as a new device right inside of BlueStacks.

Any other ideas?

If you have an Android phone you can side-load the 2.3.2 app and run ADB on the phone itself - but I suspect as you have a Mac that you have an iPhone also - so that won’t work.

I think it’s a known issue about bluestacks not being able to maintain more than one internet connection at a time - there seems to be quite a lot of internet chatter about that issue.

Not sure there’s an easy answer… except to troubleshoot the login/offline issue - or use an old Android device maybe

Yeah, you’re right. I don’t own an android phone but I don’t understand, why I seem to be the only one that has the “offline” problem with the device. I cannot find any other post about the problem concerning the eufy app. But maybe I have to arrange for an android phone to try this…

Clearly this is a Bluestacks connectivity issue - my guess is that other android apps also don’t connect to the internet. Worth looking at the resources around this for troubleshooting tips - particularly as you are almost certain to need to repeat the process to acquire the tokens periodically - borrowing an Android phone might not always be an option.

Edit: Google Play Store must be able to connect to the internet otherwise you couldn’t install apps

I’ll run my Bluestacks instance up and try to connect using the Eufy app - might be able to help you out

Yes I tried various other apps. Chrome can connect to the internet, the Play Store can connect to it too…
Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Yeah I also looked through the preferences but I couldn’t find anything that made sense.

My app connected fine on Bluestacks - do you use a VPN connection… or a proxy server?

Hey, alright. That is odd. I downloaded a bunch of other apps that need an internet connection and they all work. No VPN no proxy…tried on my wife’s MacBook. Still the same.

I would uninstall the app altogether and clear down the Google Play Store cache - and then reinstall the latest version of the app - and test again

Did that. No change :(. I also tried different computers, different networks (wireless, wired, mobile)…this is driving me insane :smiley:

Edit: As far as I can see, there is no option to manipulate network settings in the Bluestacks settings, correct? And the virtual Android device also does not support different network settings, so there is nothing that could be wrong there.

So let me get this straight… app on iPhone works fine, app on Bluestacks logs in OK but the device shows as offline… this is quite important…

Yes, exactly right. App on iPhone works fine, App on iPad works fine. Login on Bluestacks works, device shows as offline, all other apps on Bluestacks that require network/internet work fine. Never felt more stupid :smiley: I bet it is something really really simple

Ok… Can you open a terminal on Bluestacks (install Terminal Emulator for Android from Google Play Store) - drop to the prompt and check you can ping the Robovac

That seems to work just fine

Edit: What’s even funnier: There is a push notification from 1 minute ago, that the robovac got stuck…I also received one on my iPhone but it was this afternoon.

Hmmm… I’m just going to Wireshark the Bluestacks instance to see what happens when the Eufy app opens. I can see that my Robovac initially says ‘offline’ for about 3-4 seconds before resolving to say ‘Standby’. I need to see what the app is doing during this time…

I’ll try and come back to you later.

Thank you !! :slight_smile: