Eufy Security Integration

Hey all,

Previous I run the automation when someone press the doorbell the light on the front door turned on in a bright state.

Unfortunately when I use this automation now, it is broken. The Doorbell Ringing Sensor is always on not running in stead of running when I am pressing the doorbell. The logbook shows that someone push the doorbell. Is there something I do wrong right now?

Same is for the motion sensors for the Doorbell and de Eufycam2, when motion is detected the sensor did not update.

Just remove the trigger part and set it back again, it would work

hi @bubble_13 no, as long as i select High Encoding any of the video quality gets me a stream but when i try to view the stream by clicking on the camera i just get a grey screen. i once saw the video for a second but immediately back to the grey screen

looking into the difference between the solocam and the T8210, i notice the solocam streams in h264 but the doorbell streams in h265. is this a clue? i think there are issues with playing h265 in browsers - iā€™m sure iā€™ve come across this with HA and another of my security cameras before and with other software.

what is the max event recording duration you have in your camera setting? I have 2c battery operated cameras and they can record up to 1 minute for event. I need to choose an option between live streaming or downloading the video depending on possible max duration an event can be. Downloading and saving 1 minute file would not cause too many trouble in my case but I need to know other use cases.

I would be glad to test when you are ready

Get the v6 version:-)

1 Like

hi @anon63427907

i have two questions,

first i changed a few days ago the security from basic to deaktivated but in my camera entity he still shows the rtsp link with the user and password, ā€œrtsp://Xl8OebeKCM8a:[email protected]/live0ā€
how can i refresh the entites of the camera? restarting the addon doesnt work.

than the other is it gives under the camera the entity ā€œbutton.kinderzimmer_start_rtsp_streamā€ a button to start the stream before open it in a popup.but it struggeling, sometimes the feed dont load i must close the popup and reopen than it work.
or is it better to use the

camera.turn_on
or
button_press
or
service: eufy_security.start_rtsp_livestream ?

Let me start with easy question, second one, they are all same if your camera supports rtsp natively.

Turn_on will call rtsp (start_rtsp_livestream) if it is supported and enabled, otherwise fallback to p2p (start_p2p_livestream).

Buttons are one to one mapped to respective services.

I didnā€™t understand the first question

1 Like

okay thank you, i try to explain a little bit better

Until a few days ago I had set a password in the rtsp stream, which I then removed, but unfortunately the camera in our kitchen still shows the rtsp address with the password in HA, in the eufy app it shows me

rtsp://192.168.0.27/live0

but in HA under the camera he shows me

rtsp://Xl8OebeKCM8a:[email protected]/live0

on, and thatā€™s still the old link where the password was still set, so I wanted to know how I can tell the eufy addon to get all the values from the camera again

When you start rtsp stream once, it should receive the new value.

Try with vlc to find the correct one

Hey Hero,

This is not solving the issue, my Binary Sensor (doorbell or eufycam 2) motion is not moving from off to on, i tested it when I was moving in front of the camera but the entity is not changing.

I was walking in front of the camera a few minutes agoā€¦

But you see this on log book?

I see where thing goes wrong. Normally I had one sensor for movement what shows on/off but now I have a doorbell motion detected and doorbell person detected entity.

When I use the motion detected entity it is not doing anything when a person is actually detected by Eufy. So now I change the trigger to doorbell Person Detection entity it is working fine.

Sorry that I was asking this but this new structure was not clear to me

No this was for the motion detection. The other solution works for the Ringing Sensor. That is fine now! Thanks

Hi all,

Any idea why my door bell image grey out?
2c cameras image working fine.

same - what video codec is your doorbell sending?

Iā€™m having issues with my eufy smart lock touch + wifi, where the lock state isnā€™t updating in HA for long. Iā€™m also getting issues with incorrect state in the eufy app, I really donā€™t know if this is a eufy issue or related to all the recent changes with this integration (that I havenā€™t been able to keep up with).

Iā€™ve also recently changed my house DNS settings, which could be related, but unlikely. Iā€™m just trying to measure if Iā€™m on my own, or if this is a known issue or not.

Ok I think I sorted it out. It was because I was blocking the Google DNS in my router.

I disabled the home assistant integration and add-on and confirmed that the strange lock behaviour was unrelated to home assistant. After removing the block from Google DNS, it immediately started behaving again. I donā€™t know whyā€¦ But it has.

Anyway, not an integration issue but maybe this will help someone some day.