Eufy Security Integration

I removed the old Eufy-Sec-ws add-on and then added the Bropat Repo for the latest version.

1 Like

Ok, I got the new add-on running and I’m on 1.3.4. In the logs, I now see well-formed events coming from my T8900 door sensors. However, the Eufy Security integration still isn’t recognizing open/close events on the device, so no automations firing.

1 Like

Must be something stupid, but I tried installing the new addon 1.3.4.
I uninstalled and removed the old addon and repo, added the new one, finished the config as before but I am getting the following error. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong please?

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
curl: (7) Couldn't connect to server
[17:57:30] ERROR: Something went wrong contacting the API
Error: failed loading config file /data/eufy-security-ws-config.json
Error: Cannot find module '/data/eufy-security-ws-config.json'
Require stack:
- /usr/src/app/node_modules/eufy-security-ws/dist/bin/server.js
    at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1075:15)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:920:27)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1141:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:110:18)
    at /usr/src/app/node_modules/eufy-security-ws/dist/bin/server.js:26:22
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/src/app/node_modules/eufy-security-ws/dist/bin/server.js:78:3)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1254:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1308:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1117:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:958:12) {
  code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
  requireStack: [ '/usr/src/app/node_modules/eufy-security-ws/dist/bin/server.js' ]
}
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped

same here, open and close events don’t come in. i just get one close event when i start up the eufy security ws container. hoping these sensors work soon, would be cool to trigger the lights with them :sunglasses:

Reverted back to 1.3.0 with the old repo and all works fine. Not sure what I did wrong with 1.3.4 and the new repo :frowning:

Hi @anon63427907

I have eufy 2k doorbell and recently integrated it with HA using your add on. All seem to work fine except streaming and last event picture.

I want to stream from the doorbell if there is doorbell press or when I click a button it starts to stream. I’m sure this is possible but I cant get it work.

Can you tell me where I have gone wrong. Below is what I’m using for the card.

Thanks!

square: false
columns: 1
type: grid
cards:

• type: conditional
    conditions:
    • entity: camera.doorbell
      state: idle
      card:
      show_state: true
      show_name: true
      type: picture-entity
      entity: camera.doorbell
      camera_image: camera.doorbell
      tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: camera.turn_on
      data: {}
      target:
      entity_id: camera.doorbell
  • type: conditional
    conditions:
    • entity: camera.doorbell
      state: streaming
      card:
      type: vertical-stack
      cards:
      • show_name: true
        show_icon: false
        type: button
        tap_action:
        action: call-service
        service: camera.turn_off
        data: {}
        target:
        entity_id: camera.doorbell
        name: Stop
      • type: custom:webrtc-camera

Mari143

I have the same problem, my new Eufy 2K is showing grey screen when trying to stream.

Ok I found solution, changed encoding to High/Low encoding

This addon is not stable at all with my HA, most of the time is not working.
My doorbell is Eufy T8210 system version 5.7.1 and Homebase 2 T8010 system version 3.2.8.3h subsystem 1.3.0.9.

yeah, with all latest updates, i’m experiencing the same thing
With all respect to the developers trying to make this work and their time put into it.
But i also lost too many time in trying to make this work… seriously doubting to get rid of everything from eufy and moving elsewhere

2 Likes

Same here, doorbell video stopped working, ffmpeg errors in the log, rtsp cameras are slow to be picked up. Not sure if it’s webrtc or this integration though or even HA itself (as my frigate streams are also less stable).

Hey @anon63427907 … is version 2.3.1 still the recommended version for WebRTC?

Thanks!

Comparing to Eufy 2K I get faster screenshot using my 5 year old HDCVI Dahua camera.
I am really disappointed with Eufy Doorbell.

1 Like

Found the cause of my issue, a port conflict between webrtc and the rtsp server addon - quite weird as the issue popped up suddenly and previously never had to change ports.

For others experiencing issues with P2P streaming, try to change the port of rtsp server and update this in the integration configuration.

It still doesn’t explain why the rtsp stream kicks in with a significant delay but at least my doorbell works

Anyone who managed to update to 1.3.4 of the Eufy addon from 1.3.0, care to share the steps please? For some reason doesnt work for me. I opened a bug and asked here for some tips to troubleshoot however no luck with anyone responding. Maybe I am the only one with this issue?

Does anyone have this working well?

Between all the add-ons and the integration, my Pi comes to a crawl if too many feeds are streaming at once. I’m unable to really use this without it impacted my entire HA. I can’t get consistent screenshots/feeds either. I’ve got a mix of P2P and RTSP supported Eufy cams.

Edit:
After reinstalling all components and coming up with some node-red flows, I have this in decent shape now. Working well enough with limited performance issues.

I’m somehow sure, that I had this in the past again, but don’t remember the status.

Is the battery status working, esp. updating for one of you with e.g. 2C camera? Here it so only updating its value when I restart Add-On and afterwards the integration as well. Then I have a new battery value. But this stays with this value forever or until I do the steps again.

Problem only here? Can I do something in my setup to get is updated?

Same here - my battery value in HA is only updated at time of reboot.
Thereafter it will remain static.

Could someone weigh in on their experience with the time a person is identified as person X to the sensor changing in home assistant (similarly with regards to the doorbell button press to sensor change). I currently am using a google nest battery (wired in though) and i find that its far too slow to trigger the automations i want. PLus the facial recognition is always something i wanted in home assistant. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on the dual doorbell, but would just like some input on how well i can expect it to work. very disappointed with google.

Doorbell ring is near instant in my experience. Mine triggers an esphome relay connected to the old doorbell and a ring.mp3 on my nest speaker without noticeable delay.

I don’t own the dual so no clue on the facial recognition but also the motion detection is near instant (use it to trigger hallway and outside lights).

1 Like