Eurotronic Spirit temperature not changing

I have the same problem that I can’t set a temperature for eurotronic spirit. Can you tell me how you managed to make it work?

I managed to integrate the thermostat into my home assistant installation to be able to set values like heating, eco heating and all the other stuff - @tobias: thanks for the fixes btw.

There is only one point which doesn´t work properly yet. I don´t get any updates on the current temperature. The parameter 5 (temperature report treshold) is set to 5 (Delta = 0,5 °C) but to see the change I´ve to manually refresh the entity… Any ideas?

OK, I found out that there might be a bug with the device itself - see here: https://community.hom.ee/t/eurotronic-spirit-z-wave-plus-anzeige-ist-temperatur-dauerhaft-bei-22-8-c/7211/15 - another system, same problem - with updates to the current temperature. I tried to change the value to 1 (Delta = 0,1 °C) and it works as expected…

I can confirm the temperature reporting only works with value set to 0.1 degrees. I hope this doesn’t affect battery life too much

I have the same issue, can anyone tell me how to setup the delta-Value to 0.1 °C ?
I’am running HA on a Mac Mini and on the “Node config options” there is nothing i can choose for the Eurotronic Spirit.

Hi, i managed to keep the Eurotronic Spirit-Z to work without having to update open-wave or python-openzwave.

I have actually installed version 0.4.0.35 off python-openzwave. Its was installed automatically by HA, so nothing special here.
You can check your python-openzwave version in your HA-Home-Folder under the path: /deps/lib/python/site-packages
There you fill find the folder python_openzwave-X.X.X.XX-py3.6.egg-info. The X represent the version of python-openzwave. For me it was python_openzwave-0.4.0.35-py3.6.egg-info.

I have then added/changed only two files according to the link (section files):
https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/pull/1341/files

Files added/changed where:
.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/python-openzwave/ozw_config/eurotronic/eur_spiritz.xml
.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/python-openzwave/ozw_config/manufacturer_specific.xml

After this you need to remove the Spirit-Z-Node from Z-Wave and the re add it in your config. You should be able then to modify the manufacturer-specific “node config options” under the Z-Wave Manager for the Eurotronic Spirit-wave Node.

I’m now able to set the delta-Value Parameter to 0.1 °C, change the temperature on also the operation mode for the thermostat.

2 Likes

One month after I added it to HA the battery has 80 % of battery life…

I’m running hass.io and have bought four of these thermostats. So I would like to change those two XML files so I can at least get the basic functionality to work.
The problem here of course is that I cannot just change files in a docker container - I can open a bash shell just fine on the containers and change files, but once they restart, my settings will be gone.

Does anyone know how I can do that on hass.io? Something with docker commit?

1 Like

Same problem here - using the Docker container image, and unable to persist changes. Did anyone come up with a solution yet? Any chance to include the patched config files in HA?

I haven’t had time to check it yet with my spirit devices at home, but it seems like updating to HA 0.63 should help with this issue. python-openzwave was updated to 4.1.3 and should include the config files for the Eurotronic spirit. Did you exclude and re-include the device already?

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/12057

The pull request in openzwave for the eurotronic spirit has been open since December 5, and not been merged yet, although it does seem ready - for reasons I don’t know. So I do not think python-openzwave has its support included.

I’ll try updating though.

I’m quite sure it’s not in version 0.63:

bash-4.4# cd /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/
bash-4.4# find . | grep eurotronic
./python_openzwave/ozw_config/config/eurotronic
./python_openzwave/ozw_config/config/eurotronic/eur_stellaz.xml
./python_openzwave/ozw_config/config/eurotronic/eur_cometz.xml
./python_openzwave/ozw_config/eurotronic
./python_openzwave/ozw_config/eurotronic/eur_stellaz.xml
./python_openzwave/ozw_config/eurotronic/eur_cometz.xml
bash-4.4#

Ah that’s bad news. But thanks for checking!

Can confirm - just excluded and re-included with HA 0.63, same as before.

Can confirm this. After 1 Month also 80% of battery life

It looks like the release in ozw is now getting closer. But it will take a while till it gets into python openzwave and in the end in HA.

The openzwave pull request has been merged into the dev-branch yesterday. Looks like this won’t be merged into master until version 1.6. Looks like this may take a while.

I have no idea how openzwave and python-openzwave get released and merged into hassio. Anyone? I’m assuming homeassistant works with the master branch and not the dev-branch?

You can compile the docker image yourself
I followed this site as an example on how to do it

basically you don’t take the openzwave from pypi by removing it from requirements.txt and you modify the buildscript to compile it from git

Which sadly won’t work for us poor hassio users. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’m using Hassio and was able to apply the patch.
What you need to do is to copy config directory from open-zwave that contains relevant z-wave config fixes into Hass config directory (you can use Samba addon for this).
The you need to change you z-wave config in configuration.yaml file by specifying config_path that links to the open-zwave config directory.

5 Likes

That’s a much better solution than building your own docker image - just add the updated configuration and it will keep working with any new homeassistant version.

Thanks!