Eurotronics Spirit Zigbee Thermostat - Configuration & Automation via Conbee II

Hello everyone,

I am new to HA and coming from ioBroker I am absolutelly amazed how great it looks, how easy it is and how fast I was able to connect my lights and sensors.

Now I am stuck though and this is because of my heating integration.

In my bedroom I have a Eurotronics Spirit Zigbee controller, which I could pair. It looks like this:
( I could not upload my media as I am new :frowning: )

It’s integrated by using the zigbee integration, the conbee II is chosen as hardware.

I can see the actual temperature, I can turn it on and off manually and I can set a temperature manually. That’s fine.

Now I want to autiomate it that it starts at 06:00 a.m. and heats up to - let’s say 20°C - but this is not possible. When creating an automation I can only choose between “heat” and “off”, I cannot choose a temperature.

Also in ioBroker I was able to set an offset with an external thermostat and there were more values I could read.

I am aware that this piece of hardware is not well-supported, neither in ioBroker nor here, but maybe somebody could still help me. :slight_smile:

Here’s the picture of the paired controller:
zigbee

You will need to use Call Service: Climate: Set temperature in automation action

1 Like

Thanks. I tried it and it does not work.
Plus, I just realized, I cannot control them manually either. :frowning:

If you want setup a heating plan, then take a look on the scheduler card.
I use it also for the eurotronic sprit devices (zigbee & zwave)

For a simple automation then like Dujith had show you, use Call Service.

The Eurotronics Spirit Zigbee is a bit of a b$tch to setup. I switched to zigbee2mqtt with the Conbee 2 stick and i am controlling them with mqtt only, as the intergration just kept up throwing errors.
I am using them in the valve mode, so maybe letting them stay in temperature mode wont give those errors.

If you want to try the zigbee2mqtt method i can show you how i have it setup. So far its running like intended.

1 Like

Yes, this thermostat really seems to be a pain in the neck!
I am using ZHA but Conbee II is my hardware, apparently I could use the Deconz App and it could work, but that would mean re-paring everything agin.
If I went fpr mqtt, would that mean I could not use ZHA? If not, please enlighten me and teach me how to set it up!
Cheers!

EDIT: I also have a CC2531 connected, which I used in ioBroker but do not use now.

I only have experience with Deconz and Zigbee2mqtt and its one or the other.
I had to install all my devices again. So someone will prob verify this, but i think you cannot run them at the same time.

You could use the CC2531 for Zigbee2mqtt and just pair the Eurotronics? And leave your ZHA intact.

1 Like

Using the CC2531 for ZigbeeMQTT is exactly what I did and what did the trick.
It does work now, I can finally control the thermostat manually.
I am going to look into automating it tomoroow.

Thanks for the help!

Eurotronic SPZB0001 control via MQTT | zigbee2mqtt.io does this help?

1 Like

Kind of, yes. Thank you.
This youtube video helped me:

With it I set up Zigbee2MQTT and used it for my Thermostat.