EV wall charger that supports Home Assistant - Adjust wattage

I can confirm that the LEKTRICO 1P7K charger works with HASSIO. You can start - stop the charging, set the charging current (6-32A, in 1A steps) + other settings.
I use this to manage the solar energy produced and balance it between house, EV and electric water heater.

1 Like

This one seems to be one phase only though.

If only they made a 3 phase 16A capable version for people with 3 phase power, and a car that can take 11/22 KWh

Hi chrisbu, may I ask you where did you buy your Lektrico 1P7K ? I’m in Italy and I’m struggling to find a source and a price… Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello Dear,
can u share your evcc.yaml config file?
I installed evcc integration but I have some problem in configuration file.

BR

Hi Gabriele,

Resellers - LEKTRI.CO go to the bottom of the page.
Seems that there are quite a few sources in Italy!

I use these:

OpenEVSE.com

Just finished one for my EV Charger (Duosida)

2 Likes

@Bratu_Stefan

Dude this is amazing! I come here from time to time and shearch for Duosida… And bang! You did it, can’t wait to check your integration out :smiley:

I’m traveling and won’t be able to configure this for a couple of weeks. Can you show what sensors it gets? :slight_smile:

Sure,

Here they are…

1 Like

So is this charger “online” and is it possible to dynamically adjust the charge current.

I am still on the lookout for some charger that Home Assistant can dynamically chance the charge current on, using a Home Assistant sensor from “Solar Assistant”

Basically i have a sensor that is “surplus solar” that does the following calculation (Current wattage produced by solar panels - current house load)

This figure is updates every 2 seconds and gives me the amount of solar i have to sell, unless i am able to use it (The price i get for solar is a lot less than the price i have to pay to buy so if i can charge the car with surplus solar, it is the cheapest)

Until now i have mostly been seeing solutions where i had to add additional current clamps to my system to do this calculation, but since i have it already in HA, it seems wasteful to have to install extra sensors.

What i need is a charger that can go from “minimum charge amps” (Usually 6A) upto 11 KW (3 phase 16A).

I will never reach 11 KWh with my current setup, but in winter i want to be able to pump as much into the car, on days where electricity is almost free, for a couple of hours in the middle of a windy night :slight_smile:

But the charger needs to be able to adjust dynamically, without me having to stop the charge and adjust and start charging again.

If you mean Duosida the answer is YES. I also have solar panels and an automation who adjust charge power based on output of solar panels and total house consumption. It is ajustable from 6 to 32A while is charging…

Awesome :smiley:

With that integration can HA keep track of kWh usage for use in the energy dashboard to keep track of monthly usage?

Yes but is not working as it should since the current charge consumption (accEnergy2 on my charger) is reseting to 0 the moment you stop charging…I personally use for tracking a tuya smart breaker with energy meter.

1 Like

Hmmm ok ok so maybe I would have to create a template sensor to keep track of the power usage.

Got a bug for you on github :stuck_out_tongue:

Bug with power · Issue #1 · jello1974/duosidaEV-home-assistant (github.com)

solved :wink:
also added 2 more energy sensors check if it works…

1 Like

Thanks alot for the integration! I ordered a charger, and i’m looking forward for the installation!

1 Like

Great, where to buy, and can it be had, as 3 phase ?

I have this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000504394559.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.53.1a573108TTSyOl&algo_pvid=41db96c8-bdfa-402e-af93-f4f3531c1a42&algo_exp_id=41db96c8-bdfa-402e-af93-f4f3531c1a42-26&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000030674234804"}&pdp_npi=3%40dis!RON!2566.91!2181.88!!!!!%40211bea7b16788167102795132d0706!12000030674234804!sea!RO!116799204&curPageLogUid=hGWSyVMV9kMR

I’m sure they make also 3 phase version

3 Likes

Thank you for the link, I’m also looking for a charger and it’s just very convenient to see a link from you! Thanks again!