Everytime I restart HASS my front end language changes

I wish to keep English language in front end, but at every restart it goes back to Italian (country of residence). Can this behaviour be changed?

You can set it in your profile:

Yes, and after a restart is back in italian. That’s the point

What language is your browser set to?

See the bottom of that page.

I now and then have a similar issue :

• My whole PC is set up in English.
  • I set up HA once in German to try it out and see the translations.
  • Went back to the English as the default language almost immediately.
  • Every now and then the interface shows up in German again - and I don’t think it is limited to the device I tried it on.

Very strange!

Several month ago I asked the same thing: Language reverts to Polish after some time. Nobody came with a solution. In my case it’s more weird: I’m in Italy, my devices and browsers are in Italian, but it reverts back to… Polish!!!

Why it’s not possible to get rid of the “automagic” guess of the language and just rely on the user preferences?

Any news about this?

In both Threads, this one and the one @Mark-81 posted, no one is mentioning trying another browser or clearing cache…
Can you guys try and post what happens?

Just use another browser or in the same browser just clear your cache and cookies.

Hi! Just tried. With Chrome mobile I got English language as expected (the last language selected from the combobox). With Chrome desktop v70.0.3538.110 it always revert to Polish (on that pc I have nothing related to Polish) even after clearing the cache and reloading the page.

Internet Explorer does not load the page at all. It raises an error here:

if (navigator.language.includes('-')) {
      translation = languageGetTranslation(navigator.language.split('-')[0]);

The object does not support the property or the method ‘includes’

But what I’m trying to say is neither the browser nor the location should matter in any way about the front-end language. This should relies only on the settings configuration. Otherwise it make no sense to have a setting…

Was a resolution for this ever found? Mine defaults to Hebrew, though my entire system is in English, and I’m in the United States.

A solution to this problem was requested here https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/16612 but it doesn’t seem to be a popular request.

How to make it more popular? Even with the latest update it still reverts back to Polish every time. It’s very annoying and frustrating that such a simple bug is not solved since a lot of time!

I had to turn off google translate to get english all the time.