Existing Node-Red to Home Assistant Integration

Greetings,

I have an existing node-red server and a home assistant server. I noticed there is a node-red plug-in for home assistant, but it appears to setup a new instance of node-red?

If I want to integrate my existing node-red and home assistant, is there an easy way to acheive that? Or do I start from scratch with the home assistant node-red plugin?

Thanks, Mark

You can probably copy some flows using the export import, but the entities won’t be correct (I assume).
I guess it depends on how many flows and sequences you have if it’s worth to export import.

just install the ha web socket node in your existing NR. works brilliantly

Node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket - Third party integrations / Node-RED - Home Assistant Community

This is the doco
Getting Started | node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket (zachowj.github.io)

Hi Adrian, thank you, have been looking for that info for a while. Will give it a go. Much appreciated.

@Hellis81 thanks for the reply, I will trial the suggestion by Adrian first as I have a few flows I’d need to move, and I am lazy :slight_smile:

In HA there is the NR addon which runs a new NR instance. As @aidbish said, you should use the Web socket node but in combination with the NR integration (available in HACS)