Exposing Alexa routines to HA after 2023.5 update

Hi guys!
I recently updated my HA to 2023.5.2, where Alexa was moved from “Cloud” to “Voice assistant” configuration. After that, I can’t figure out how to expose my routines created in Alexa to HA, so I can trigger them from HA dashboard. Any clues?

Does the old-fashioned way (input_boolean) not work any more? I haven’t updated yet, and I won’t if this has disappeared.

I have Boolean inputs (Helpers) they are not exposed. This is a real #$@#$@#$@#$$#

Not exposed

• Media Players
  • Helpers

So I can no longer get ALEXA to play pause the whole house Audio.

It is going to drive me away from Home Assistant. It was the way to collect all IoT and then publish, but this move seems to be them competing with other echo-systems.

How about binary_sensors? They used to be exposed to Alexa if they were device_class: door (this gave “open” and “closed” in Alexa, but it worked as a routine trigger).

- binary_sensor:
      - name: test
        device_class: door
        state: >
            {% if is_state('input_boolean.test', 'on') %}
              on
            {% elif is_state('input_boolean.test', 'off') %}
              off
            {% endif %}

Does this help with your problem:

I can still expose HA entities to Alexa using the HA Cloud Service. The problem here is that I bought an IR blaster that is only compatible with Alexa, so I have to create routines in Alexa and then expose these routines to HA to be able to control them in HA’s dashboard. I know that this a horrendous way to make this work, but until 2023.4 version this was possible to configure by exposing Alexa’s routines to HA in the configuration section. The main advantage of HA was the possibility to integrate all smart home platforms in one, but looks like it’s gone now… :frowning:

Are you saying that you can no longer expose an input_boolean helper to Alexa? You would create the helper, expose it to Alexa, and then setup your Alexa routine to fire when the helper is triggered. Trigger the helper from your HA dashboard or wherever else you like. Are you saying you’re unable to do this?

Hi guys!
I have an update about this topic. I found out that the device I was trying to make Alexa expose to HA is compatible with Tuya, so I was able to make it work through native Tuya integration. I will keep trying other ways to do this, but for now my device is working fine in HA.
Thanks for everybody’s help!!