External storage shared

I has hassio in a raspberry pi. I want use Plex and Tranmission addons and that both use a external usb hard disk with shared data.

How mount the hard disk in common directory?

I eddit my transmission addon to mount the /dev/sda1 in /shared/harddisk. For transmission addon works fine but, the directory harddisk is visible for other addons but empty.

how did u do this? i have a mounted network drive on hassio server i want to use…

Im interested in this as well. @MiguelAngelLV Could you please describe? :slight_smile:

I could solve this by mouting the external drive from host (my installation is Raspbian + Docker + Hassio). I added this line to /etc/fstab from host:

UUID="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" /usr/share/hassio/share/media/USBDRIVE ntfs-3g async,big_writes,noatime,nodiratime,nofail,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=000 0 0

The UUID can be obtained with the command: sudo blkid (in my case the device was /dev/sda1)

Note you have to create first the parent folder /usr/share/hassio/share/media with all permissions (sudo chmod a+rwx <folder>)

To make sure the changes take effect, reboot the raspberry.

As the mount folder is in the shared path /usr/share/hassio/share/, all Add-ons can see, read and write the content of the external drive.

1 Like

Not clear how to edit fstab, if I login to host (via ssh and ha login) it tells me that file system is readonly, so I cannot edit the file, but can mount drive to some existing empty folder. What I do wrong?

Me too. You’ll have to run a command as host on startup.

Thank you for the tutorial. This is really interesting. I have been looking for something like this before and I couldn’t find anything. I have a question though. If I will make a Full snapshot, will it backup the storage too or it will skip it? I would like to use the Full snapshot without worrying taking all HA data + my mounted drive.

Would mounting network drive work? Something like this?

//192.168.1.25/www /share/db cifs guest,rw,file_mode=0775,dir_mode=0775,uid=0,gid=1001 0 0
or
//192.168.1.25/www /share/db ntfs-3g async,big_writes,noatime,nodiratime,nofail,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=000 0 0