[Solved] "External URL" field getting wiped out

Hi!

I’m using:

• iOS Companion App: 2024.2
  • Home Assistant: 2024.3.3
  • Nabu Casa subscriber: true

I used to be able to do the following:

1. When HA determines I am home, an automation disabled Remote Access (cloud/remote_disconnect)
  2. The Companion app worked and I was able to view my HA on my local network.
  3. When HA determines I’ve left home, an automation enabled Remote Access (cloud/remote_connect)
  4. The Companion app worked and I was able to view my HA.

I didn’t use the app a lot when away from home - but it did work.

However at some point fairly recently it seems that behavior changed. I still have the same automations but now the Companion app doesn’t work when I’m away from home.

What I’ve noticed is that in the companion app:

1. When I disable remote access - the “External URL” field in the app gets wiped out completely (ie: becomes blank)

2. If I’m home and enable remote access - the “External URL” field in the app gets filled in with “Home Assistant Cloud”.

3. However that isn’t how the automation works. It turns it remote access on once I’ve left so I don’t get the “External URL” filled in. Instead I end up in a “Scanning for Servers” screen which obviously will not find anything as I am no longer on my local network.

What am I missing here?

Solved this by uninstalling and re-installing the iOS companion app. Not why it got into this bad state, but hey - once again it works.