EZVIZ DB2 RTSP and Last_alarm_pic deoding

I have EZVIZ smart doorbell DB2C
The device is working properly with the EZVIZ integration, but I have 2 issues:

1. I can’t connect to the live stream, using the RTSP. While trying I get an error that the host doesn’t exist
  2. I can’t decode the picture from the link under “last_alarm_pic”. I can download the file but can’t open it with any app (i disabled the encription in EZVIZ app). when I open the file in notepad it starts with “hikencodepicture”.

BTW, on a different EZVIZ camera I have, both items above are working perfectly.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have the same unit, experiencing the same result.

Logged a call with Ezviz support to get confirmation on whether the unit supports RTSP/ONVIF out of the box and still waiting on a response… But in all honesty I don’t think they will as it will more than likely lead to a quick draining battery should you have a constant video stream going.

I have seen on some forums where they discuss flashing the older DB1 with Hikvision firmware to enable RTSP but not sure if this is possible with the DB2.

Hi, any news about that?

I had the same issue and it seems with the latest firmware update 230113 the RTSP port was disabled. After some Google Foo I have found this article → https://www.effe1.info/come-abilitare-modalita-avanzata-ezviz-studio/ which worked for me. It seems accessing the “advanced function” through the EZVIZ PC Studio software is enabling the RTSP port again.

Can you tell which version of EZVIZ studio you are using?

What camera do you use? Is it batterry operated?

I finally had some time to play around with this and have had some degree of success. At least I can get the Last_alarm_pic in to home assistant.

The steps I did were:

1. Disable encryption in Eziviz app. (It only started being decrypted more or less after 2 weeks)

2. Created an automation that downloads the file from the URL provided from the link and renames it in to 1.Jpg

3. integrated into picture entity card

I know that this not solve the privacy issues and I’m aware that the images are accessible to anyone, but right now it’s a risk that I’m willing to take since this is a front door camera in an apartment building.

I hope that, until someone more experienced than me can figure out a better way, this helps people around the forum.

Home assistant integrations used:

Automation:

alias: Camera - Imagem
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.dp2c_XXXXXXXXX_last_alarm_pic
condition: []
action:
  - service: downloader.download_file
    data:
      url: "{{ states.sensor.dp2c_XXXXXXXXX_last_alarm_pic.state }}"
      subdir: camera/
      filename: 1.jpg
      overwrite: true
mode: single
1 Like

You can also switch RTSP back on from the Ezviz app as per this post Ezviz camera discovered but unable to connect - #7 by mindtripper

The problem is that this link changes frequently as you turn off and turn on camera. But have you tried same thing with: Image.bc2_yourserial_last_motion_image

?