Failed to install Hassio on Archlinuxarm

hi, the title is self explanatory :slight_smile:

$   hass -h
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 583, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 900, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 791, in resolve
    raise VersionConflict(dist, req).with_context(dependent_req)
pkg_resources.ContextualVersionConflict: (PyYAML 5.1 (/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages), Requirement.parse('pyyaml<4,>=3.13'), {'homeassistant'})

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/hass", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3241, in <module>
    @_call_aside
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3225, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3254, in _initialize_master_working_set
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 585, in _build_master
    return cls._build_from_requirements(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 598, in _build_from_requirements
    dists = ws.resolve(reqs, Environment())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 786, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'pyyaml<4,>=3.13' distribution was not found and is required by homeassistant

Which means the pyyalm must be less than latest version. Any variant to try out ?

If you’re running hass then it’s unlikely you’re using Hass.io. What install option did you actually use?

There are a lot of other questions, like what version of Arch you’re using, as explained here. Please have a read through that and edit your question so that we have enough information to help you.

I admit I was scarcely documenting the installation… My apologies.
So I started to use the package.
So within Archlinxarm I run to download the home-assistant from AUR.

There might a difference that my setup is working a custom installation to an Asus Tinker Board. but currently the only unavailable hardware is about bluetooth.

The package has been successfully installed, but when starting hass, I found that the pyyaml is not suitable for the hassio currently available.

You’re not using Hass.io

Hass.io is an install of Home Assistant that uses Docker, and a container called Supervisor. If you’re running hass then you are not using Hass.io.

You need to open a bug with the author of that package, so they can fix it. Alternatively try the community provided guide, which I see comments that This package is often broken or outdated when referring to the AUR package.

You need to open a bug with the author of that package

You’re right, I pretty forgot this way.

Assistant that uses Docker, and a container called Supervisor

This is another point where I’d like to get deeper. I’m looking to add a python library, which will disclose the access to the Tinker GPIO, but I don’t know much.
After all my attention is going that way. The first attempt to use Home Assistant was to use the docker, but the GPIO is for RPi, then now I’m trying to get to the point by the normal installation and expose the library in such way.
Therefore, I’d go to implant on the Supervisor something that will work for all Tinker Board users.

I see comments that This package is often broken or outdated

True, also AUR, gives such note, but last update is on the current month.

How do they specify version when Arch is a rolling release without version numbers?
Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

I checked on AUR and the maintainer propose to downgrade the pyyaml. But I found hard to get the old version. Alas it won’t install even in such condition, I can’t recall the reason and so I dropped the matter.