Failed to setup fibaro/neo coolcam wall plug

Tried this now and the result is the same

You still havent answered all questions

Show the EXACT name of the zwave integration you are doing

sorry for being a numb and a newbie, but what do you mean with the exact name? :thinking:

There are 3 zwave possibilities.

1. OpenZWave2mqtt
  2. Openzwave (native homeassistant)
  3. OpenZWave (QT aka OpenZWave beta)

For all 3 you need that usb path. Helping will be only possible if you tell what you use.

I have used Openzwave through Configurations/Integrations --> Zwave (so I think this is the native OpenZwave integration

I think you are facing this

I will check this later tonight when I’m at home again.
I was hoping it would be plug and play :frowning:

As the linked post alludes to, if OpenZWave does not have a database entry for the device, it will report it as “Unknown”. Even so, in most cases the product will function perfectly fine without the database entry. Is there some functionality that you are missing or is not working?

If you need to configure the device, you can manually do so via the zwave.set_config_parameter service call.

I only see in Configuration/Devices a zwave device named ‘Unknown Node 2’ with entity ID ‘zwave.unknown_node_2’
I don’t see any option to set it up as a device which have sensors or which I can switch.

And both wall plugs are not new, so they should be in a recent database (i guess)… there goes my hope for plug and pray

There is no switch entity? Updating the database will not help with that.

Do you only have these two nodes? You could stop HA, delete the zwcfg*.xml file and let it be rediscovered. If it isn’t fixed, you could then post the zwcfg*.xml file and the OZW_Log.txt file to see if there are any problems.

I do have more zwave nodes, but they are all still part om my Homey Zwave network (part of flows which I will not break untill HA and Zwave are working correctly (or when I understand this enough :smirk:)

I started with a Fibaro wall plug and as I could not make it work correctly I also picked a Neo Coolcam wall plug (hoping it was because of the Fibaro), but both wall plugs are showing the same behavior (showing as unknown device). I will start by removing the zwcfg*.xml files and if no luck again I will post the files. This will be tomorrow as my bed is starting to call me :slight_smile:

Sorry to butt in to this conversation, but I’m new around here (I currently run a Domoticz installation, but I’m exploring the possibilities of HA for ZWave).

If there are three possibilities, which is the preferred option? I would have thought it was number 2 (native HA), but when I set up ZWave from the Add-On store yesterday, I seem to have ended up with number 3 (OpenZwave beta). Being a beta, is this not the preferred option? And if it’s not, where do I find the Native HA add-on for Zwave, if it is not in the Add-on Store? Thank you.

The future is in the QT one…

1 Like

Ok, QT will the be choice for the future, so best is to start with that one.
I will start from scratch and will install OpenZWave through Integrations.
Is there anything else I (we) need to configure, install (a database?) besides the client?

Install the mqtt addon mosquitto broker before.

Dont forget for QT openzwave you need to:

1. Install mosquitto addon
  2. Install openzwave addon (including config)
  3. Add integration (openzwave beta)

Done… I have set up the 3 steps…

When I start the OZWDeamon it returns zwave user alert received: Notification_user_ConfigFileDownloadFailed.

So my guess is if need to have a config file … but where? :thinking:

In the addon configuration.

Please read before posting :slight_smile:

I’m this close :pinching_hand: of stopping my journey with HA.
The dashboard and the flexibilty I really love. The integration with Hue, Somfy and other network connected devices is really good, but the zwave integration is causing me headache and frustration.
I have not tried other zwave devices than 2 wall plugs of different vendors and both are not discovered as suspected (unknown all the way). I can speak of other nodes and if they will include as suspected.

Also trying to work with the OpenZwave integration (together with MQTT) is not a succes. The addon disables over and over and there is no simple (dummy proof) manual found by me…

When I started the journey I was aware it could end up in changing config files and being not as plain forward as hoped for (Homey) but this is no fun for me…

I will stop for a few days and hope to be motivated again over the weekend…

thanks anyway for the support

You can always “integrate” your existing zwave bridge…

Yes… this would be the most easiest way… just use mqtt and we are good to go. But… this whole exercise was just to remove the existing bridge away and turn over to HA (old bridge is getting old and faced some issues already and replacing it with a new similar one would be a costly one)

I thought I did configure everything correctly from MQTT addon(default and no changes to the config) to OpenZwave addon where I only added to the config

device: /dev/ttyACM0
network_key: >-
0x27, 0x54, 0x7a, 0x5d, 0x50, 0x34, 0x03, 0x2e, 0x70, 0x29, 0xcb, 0xdc, 0x80,
0x6d, 0x84, 0x81

next I added the OpenZwave integration and received a notification MQTT integration was not configured. So I did with a mqtt user/pw created in HA.
Started everything (after reboot of HA) and the ozw addon is not starting.
When I check the log of the OpenZwave addon I see

ozwadmin: Settings Path is at “/root/.config/OpenZWave/ozw-admin.conf”
ozwadmin: Checking “/data/ozw/config” for manufacturer_specific.xml
ozwadmin: Checking “/data/ozw/config” for options.xml
ozwadmin: DBPath: “/data/ozw/config/”
ozwadmin: userPath: “/data/ozw/config/”
ozwadmin: Settings Path: “/root/.config/OpenZWave/ozw-admin.conf”
ozwadmin: Using Saved Network Cache Size: 1000
QT_MESSAGE_PATTERN: %{backtrace} is not supported by this Qt build
[20201023 10:57:33.754 CEST] [ozwadmin] [info]: OZWCore Initilized QTOpenZwave(0x1dd2e60) QTOZWManager(0x1dd3860)
[20201023 10:57:33.849 CEST] [default] [warning]: QVncServer created on port 5900
[20201023 10:57:36.489 CEST] [ozw.library] [debug]: Detail - Node: 255 Removing current message
[20201023 10:57:36.490 CEST] [ozw.library] [info]: Info - Node: 0 HttpThread Exiting.
[20201023 10:57:36.490 CEST] [ozw.library] [info]: Info - Node: 0 mgr, Driver for controller /dev/ttyACM0 removed
[20201023 10:57:36.491 CEST] [ozw.manager] [debug]: Driver Removed for “/dev/ttyACM0”
[20201023 10:57:36.491 CEST] [ozw.manager] [debug]: OZW Serial Port Closed
[20201023 10:57:36.491 CEST] [ozw.daemon] [info]: Shutting Down “ozwdaemon” Version: “0.1.0”
[20201023 10:57:36.491 CEST] [ozw.daemon] [info]: OpenZWave Version: “1.6.1210”
[20201023 10:57:36.492 CEST] [ozw.daemon] [info]: QT-OpenZWave Version: “1.2.0”
[20201023 10:57:36.492 CEST] [ozw.daemon] [info]: QT Version: 5.12.5
1603443456: Socket error on client qt-openzwave-1, disconnecting.
In exit
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts…
[cont-finish.d] mqtt.sh: executing…
1603443456: mosquitto version 1.6.8 terminating
1603443456: Saving in-memory database to /data/mosquitto.db.
[10:57:37] INFO: Ensure upstream MQTT server has the correct OZW status
[cont-finish.d] mqtt.sh: exited 0.
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

and later

[20201023 10:57:32.476 CEST] [ozw.library] [critical]: Fatal - Node: 255 Z-Wave Interface is not a Supported Library Type: Bridge Controller
[20201023 10:57:32.476 CEST] [ozw.library] [critical]: Fatal - Node: 255 Z-Wave Interface should be a Static Controller Library Type
[20201023 10:57:32.476 CEST] [ozw.library] [debug]: Detail - Node: 0 Notification: Controller Library is not a type we support
[20201023 10:57:32.477 CEST] [ozw.library] [debug]: Detail - Node: 255 Notification: DriverFailed: /dev/ttyACM0

which I don’t understand. When using /dev/ttyACM0 in the default integrated Zwave the USB stick is noticed and working (I can include devices and see lights blinking)

What am I missing… please be gentle as I’m a simple guy trying to figure out and all the Youtube videos is saw and website I red made it look simple