Fan control 0-10V

I have just installed one. On one side, I want to avoid the remote control to avoid about 100 Eur in the remote itself. On the other hand, that will just do manual step 1-2-3 on my unit otherwise, I should add few others 100 Eur to add CO2 and that will still be in only one place. This is why I would still try to add the remote integrated with HA 0-10v and different mobile sensors around house.
Thanks a lot, will check the project you followed and hope I have enough skills to finalize it and maybe for me will work.
If I have any other solution, will report back.

By the way, @guidok , how did you connect, only the 10v and GND pins? Or to the 12v pin also which I suppose is for the powering up of the wired remote itself from which will create the 0-10v.

Very good post, but I’m a bit confused. Bought one of these EC-fans ( Kanalfläkt CK 125 C EC ), from factory it got a potentiometer connected. My idea is to adapt it after this post but the confusing part for me is. Yes it’s specififed to use 0-10v. Manual doesnt really tell what values to enter for various speeds. Manual only shows specific of wires, but are all “EC” 0-10v the same or ? :slight_smile: :grimacing:

0v = no revolutions
10v = full revolutions

I had an EC fan with no documentation and used my multimeter to work out the 10v and GND wire on the fan. I then removed my potentiometer on the fan and to allow the PWM (or what ever control board you are using) to directly input the 0-10v control voltage to the correct wires. My fan also had a tachometer wire but I didn’t bother with that.

i too am using an EC fan however in my case i need a PWM signal of 10V i bought the unit mentioned by @cuball. What is strange is that it works, however the fan judders on startup with around 10 sec gap between judders and eventually at a random point it will fire up. In HA i can only move the slider from 12% to 32% from lowest speed to maximum speed. What i am confused by is that the PWM module is out putting the voltage from 0-10V, but the doc states it is PWM as shown in diagram below, am i using the wrong module?

1 Like

Well I’m still not sure how this will work.

Input 0-10V got now a potentiomenter seated there.
Also found this video: ESPHome Fan v3: Variable Speed (PWM) and Temperature Control - YouTube
So the main question is, do I get away with an esp8266 (d1 mini) and relay or do I need to order custom board to get this working?

I just used ESP8266 and PWM module. The ESP8266 controls the PWM module; the PWM module outputs the variable 0 - 10v.

you will need the correct power supply for the PWM and probably a buck converter.

There are many alternatives and worth reading above.

Wire 2 (black) is Gnd and Wire 12 (yellow) is your 0-10v variable input. Both are connected to the PWM.

There is a lot of suggestions above. Good luck

1 Like

Is it pwm to voltage or the other way around ? :slight_smile:
I have: 12/5v and esp8266 ofc, also have them relays relay

Havent had time to get around, but I did just order pwm to voltage, seams like I have all the other stuff, I’ll update with picture when I’ve set it up :slight_smile:
Well I got all the stuff now, fiddling with to get some life in it

Thanks @inspectorgrow. Just ordered one and I will replace the existing one. Have a nice day!

Upd
I just changed PWM to DAC. I flashed it by esphome. Everything is working fine and now I have 0-10V linear voltage despite 5 V input power. Very easy to do with WeMos mini D1.

I suggest this solution for all.