Favorite Sprinkler Controller

i use rainmachine … integrated in HA … i have two controllers … works well, updates well (weather) … good ios app

I’m a HA newbie, I don’t know it, I suppose that the Hacs integrations aren’t official :slight_smile:

rainmachine doesn’t use HACS … proper integration

FWIW Rachio will be updated in the next HA release to include schedules, which makes it much more useful in my opinion.

I’m planning a multi-zone drip system and will have my own HA-integrated weather station that will track rain, humidity, etc. Meaning: Which would be the best system for me?

If you want to roll your own for cheap, I’ve recently done an 8-zone here:

If you go this route, setup may be longer than an integrated system, if you want custom Tasmota-based timer/schedule functionality inside HA.

When is this happening with Rachio?

Sorry, I thought it was going to be in 0.108, but I guess I didnt get it in in time. So it will most likely be in 0.109, I’m waiting for the beta to come out and I’ll know for sure.

Schedules will be in 0.109. Rain delay switch should be in 0.110.

1 Like

I don’t think this happened…

You might have to redo the configuration through the integrations page.

I tried and nothing new. I have a gen2 controller if that matters

Shouldn’t. Your on 0.109 correct?

Yes, It created 12 entities which 9 are my zones, one for the controller, standby and water all zones

How many schedules do you have in the app?

I’m an idiot. Just one and its there. I think it has always been available though. I thought that was just a quick run but its the actiual schedule. Thanks!

Ha no worries! Glad it’s there. FYI you can creat schedules just to use in HASS and have them disabled in Rachio so they don’t run unless you start them with the switch.

Cool. Would be nice to have more control then just the switch but I guess can create as many schedules as you want.

Yea I have several disabled ones just to have a few options to run from the switches.

My sprinkler system requires 9 valves at the moment, and for over a year I was on the fence to buy a Rainmachine pro (16 channel) for $200 on amazon. Now it seems covid has all but taken out the RM pro; only place I can find it is on the RM site for nearly twice the price! I’m not paying over $300 for 9 relays and a controller!

Has anyone else seen the RM pro on sale for a reasonable price? I’m thinking I’ll just have to DIY this with esphome instead, but I really liked the idea of not having to build anything, and the RM integration is pretty nice.