Feeding Days?

Hi Guys,

I’m fairly new to HA but have manged to get all my devices integrated and some automatons running etc.

One thing I am looking to do is have a solution for remembering to feed my frogs as they only need feeding a few times a week and my memory is shockingly bad.

I am thinking that something needs to be created (i presume a dummy sensor) that holds a date value. The date will be the date they were last fed and clicking on the sensor in the frontend will reset it to today’s date. Then a notification can be triggered 2 days later to say they need feeding again.

Hopefully I’ve explained what I’m trying to do well enough, but if not then ask away.

Thanks

You could setup a google calendar and perhaps use a Persistent notification?

The “Persistent notification” notification needs to be acknowledged for it to go away.
But you could also have the calendar event turn a light on somewhere to remind you?

I have an example of using Google Calendar to turn lights on / off depending on what I am working. You can use that as a starter RESOLVED - Google Calendar based lights

Also my GitHub is here

Take a poke around, I need to update it all really as I have not pushed any code updates in 2 months.