Feit Electric A19 Bulb

It appears that I have a variation of the Feit bulb that is somewhere in between the two available templates. I have been trying to get it to work with Tasmota without any luck.

The Feit Electric OM60/RGBW/CA/AG RGBW template behaves similar to the way others described in #6534

The Feit Electric BPA800/RGBW/AG/2 RGBW template won’t power on or respond to any of the color commands.

My FCC ID is SYW-A19RGBWAGT2, but my model number is OM60/RGBW/CA/AG (P)

Energystar.gov has it listed separately and as available on the market 9/2/2019. The date code for wifi is 228-19-45.

If needed, I am willing to break open one of the bulbs. Anyone else have one of these?

1 Like

Hey blakeblackshear,

I believe I’ve got the same bulbs you do, just bought 'em from costco last week. I’ve flashed 2 with tasmota 7 and they’re having the same issues with both of those profiles. I stumbled across your post here the other day (not sure why they closed it).

Have you made any progress? This is my first attempt at hass.io and putting tasmota on a device period. So I’m feeling around in the dark here.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to make much progress. I have asked for help on Discord 2 times and haven’t even gotten a response. I did open one up and it is definitely different than any of the others. https://photos.app.goo.gl/dcJ3mVBv1Q7Qtv5q7

I can tell the pins are 4,5,12,13,14 because they are labeled. Was going to go through the new device steps here: https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/wiki/Configuration-Procedure-for-New-Devices

That is a good guide. Going through step 2a I was able to determine that the virtual buttons are:
3. on - white light, bright
4. on - blue light, dim
5. on - yellow light, bright

3+4 = bright cool
3+5= bright warm

I’m still going thought all of this but like I said, very new so lots of learning going on. I also came across this guide specifically for lights:
Tasmota Lights

It seems there is a new version of the bulb - BP800/RGBW/AG/2**( P )** - which changes around not only the GPIO pins, but also how they function. See this thread.

I also wasn’t thrilled with how the default ESPHome RGBWW light would map in it’s cwww values into this new scheme so I made a custom light component for this version. It does away with the separate white value slider in the HA UI and instead uses brightness for both RGB and white modes. It will also automatically fade out the white leds when a color is selected, and fade out the color leds when white is the selected color, simplifying the UI interaction.
You can get the custom light and config yaml here: https://github.com/dieselrabbit/FeitGen2_ESPHome
Hopefully this is helpful.

1 Like

I have tried the Tasmota configuration from that thread without luck. After opening my bulb, you can see it is yet another version. This model number is OM60/RGBW/CA/AG (P), not BP800/RGBW/AG/2 ( P ). Your code may help me figure out this version. Thanks.

I am going to try this out today! I want to use these bulbs for outdoor lamps. I feel that the strobe light effect would come in really handy, for deterrence purposes.

Epileptic burglars beware.

costco has BP800/RGBW/AG/2 § for $23 (2 blubs), anyone has ota tuya convert to tasmota guide?

this is the template i found https://templates.blakadder.com/feit_electric-BPA800RGBWAG2P.html

Can anyone explain the process for connecting these bulbs to Hassio via the ESPHome add-on? I can’t seem to figure out how to get the bulbs to connect to a wifi network where Hassio can see them and upload the programming to them.

Anyone who has successfully set this up, could you give me a step by step on how to do it. I’m starting to pick some of this stuff up but still learning a lot of it… .

I’m in the same boat as @garrett.eastman – these Feit bulbs caused me to start my dive into home automation. I’m an engineer (never a good thing when I try to learn something new) and can’t see the forest through the trees. BUT hoss.io (this is this place’s stuff, yeah?) seems the way to go for me. I’d normally reflash the ESP and run my own code … I’d rather not and save that effort for MCUs at work.

My specific reason for coming here: this Feit bulb is great for a night light. But doesn’t otherwise have a way to switch to white on a timer and then back to 2% green for sleeping hours. Looks like my next steps are to unearth an old HTPC, put ubuntu on it, and get hoss.io running. :smiley: So excited to have a “server” at home again.

are those bulbs can be used outdoor?

I deciphered the correct pin configuration, for the OM60/RGBW/CA/AG ( P ), see below:

sm16716:
  data_pin: GPIO04
  clock_pin: GPIO05
  num_channels: 3
  num_chips: 1

output:
  - platform: sm16716
    id: output_red
    channel: 2
    power_supply: rgb_power
    id: output_green
    channel: 1
    id: output_blue
    channel: 0
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output_cold_white
    pin: GPIO12
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output_warm_white
    pin: GPIO14

light:
  - platform: rgbww
    name: "Bulb3"
    id: light1
    red: output_red
    green: output_green
    blue: output_blue
    cold_white: output_cold_white
    warm_white: output_warm_white
    cold_white_color_temperature: 6500 K
    warm_white_color_temperature: 2700 K

power_supply:
  - id: rgb_power
    pin: GPIO13

Hey @ZwareBear and @blakeblackshear, I think I got it figured out, thanks to the Discord server.
Go to Configuration>Configure Template. Name it whatever you want, then follow this picture:

After that, I did setOption37 1 to flip your CW and WW. I tried switching between ledtable 1 and ledtable 0 but that doesn’t seem to do much (only because I changed it while troubleshooting).
Seems to be working alright with those settings.