FFMPEG does not work in HASSIO

Over the holidays I moved from virtuaenv install of Hass that I had running for almost 6 months to the HASSIO environment. I like hassio better, its a little more self contained and I love the easy addons as well as the snapshot feature.

However FFMPEG does not seem to be working. The config below used to work in my virtualenv. It does not work in HASSIO.

• platform: ffmpeg
    name: Backyard Monitor
    input: !-rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
    extra_arguments: -pred 1 -q:v 2

In addition I installed the homebridge-camera plug for FFMPEG camera in homebridge which I also had working on my RPI3 with virtualenv and homebridge install that plugin no longer works as well.

I do not believe FFMPEG is working in hassio.

1 Like

Same… My post about this also has no comment…

I’d open an issue on the hassio repo. Not sure if it’s related, but someone already reported an issue with ffmpeg regarding the yi platform: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio.

I guess I’m about to find out if I have this issue too because I just switched to hassio and have some yi cameras that I need to add…

Unfortunately, as I’ve found out with my last problem with hassio, there only seems to be one person maintaining the project, so he may or may not be able to get around to helping any time soon.

Apparently it was broken at one point, then fixed, so maybe it’s broken again?

Edit: From that discussion, it sounds like it has never really worked well and the current suggestion is to set up ZoneMinder and integrate that into Hassio…

Anyone had any luck with this? Trying to use ffmpeg binary noise sensor as a baby monitor. Had it working well in hassbian, but i recently migrated to hassio and can’t seem to get it to work.