Fibaro HC2

Hi HA communitiy

using Fibaro HC2 (125 zwave devices) and would like to join HA. Is there a list of zwave devices supported in HA to mirror my devices.

Thx. Michael

https://devices.zwave-js.io/

I have lots of Z-Wave devices, and bought a HC Lite to upgrade Fibaro FGD-212 to fix persistent issues (as Fibaro DO NOT release firmware :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:). Basically, HC-L was detected by HASS and an integration was suggested. I didn’t try it as direct access via a standalone USB Z-Wave co-ordinator removes several additional points of failure.

Un-pairing and re-pairing 125 devices would be a PITA though - I migrated about 30 the hard way (with hardware resets and lots of fiddling with pairing buttons) to ensure the new controller went through the full discovery process. My guess is the process of migrating S1/S2 keys to a new Z-Wave coordinator will have a lot more documentation and testing once HASS Yellow is released and many others look to migrate Z-Wave devices.

As well as the supported device list (all of my Fibaro kit works), note the Device/ Manufacturer Review page which calls out Fibaro for poor standardisation and refusing to release firmware that makes their devices actually work.

Aeotec kit works well, but they are not blameless after the Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 required a hardware mod to fix a manufacturing error.

Interestingly, my Zigbee kit has demonstrated a similar level of bugs to Z-Wave. Software + Hardware = DIFFICULT!

If this helps, :heart: this post!