Fibaro Heat Controller fgt001 wont update set temperature

I think you send too many requests, if I understand correctly, do you change the target temperature all day?
This implies that you ask the valve for a lot of information.
Can you post settings in zwave.yaml and automation?

No I didn’t change the target yersterday, I set up polling_intensity and don’t touch anything after that on the heat controller. It’s just that the temperature is sent to the valve every 10 minutes instead of default (I don’t know the default refresh frequency).

I don’t use zwave.yaml or anything about it in configuration.yaml, just the native integration, I didn’t change any default parameter about zwave integration. I turned off all automation about my heat controller yesterday, so nothing was active during this fall of battery.

Your problem is precisely that you send the target temperature to the valve too many times, if you use an event every 10min the valve responds with too much data and battery consumption.
You have to set the value of 10min in zwave.yaml and then create an automation that sends the target temperature only when you want to change it. Please note that the battery lasts for 1 day.

Here the only entity refresh every 10mn:

It’s the temperature from the external sensor, not the target! My needed is to have a fresh value of the actual temperature in HA, how am I supposed to do this differently? I’m not talking about the target temperature.

What the difference between write polling_intensity for temperature (not target!) at 10 in GUI and in zwave.yaml as you said?

I understand the issue about refresh entity to sent the target when I change it or turn on/off, but that’s not what I’m asking first. My issue is: the measured temperature by the external sensor isn’t up-to-date in HA. And of course after that I’ll activate my automation for when I change the set temperature

Maybe I can’t understand you or maybe I can’t make myself understood, after all my English is not good.
However we try:
First thing, how do you know that your valve transmits the temperature every 10min.
Then, disable the automation with the service: zwave.refresh_entity so you can see if that’s what makes you discharge the battery.
Eventually add 10min also to the climate.fibaro_system_fgt001_heat_controller_heating.

Change only when you need to call many units. I only call two and I put it at 5min because every 5min calls a different one so every 10min changes the value of a valve.

My first needed: have a fresh value of the temperature measured by the external sensor. That’s why I set up the polling_intensity to 10(*60s because of default polling_interval). I know it refresh the temperature measured every 10mn because of the graph. 100% sure that it’s the source of the battery draining, so I put polling_intensity to 0, as every other entities.
How am I supposed to do to have a fresh value of the temperature measured by the external sensor in HA? Because if the value is not up-to-date, the heat controller will “work” with an old temperature measure, right? For example, I turn all the polling_intensity to 0 yesterday, the temperature measured is the same since 12 hours.

At this point, I have 0 automation about my heat controller, so no refresh_entity.
Second needed is about refresh target when I change it in HA, but my automation works good, thanks to you with your first script!

I tried to change polling_intensity of heating instead of temperature, it’s really battery draining too (like 7%/12 hours), and temperature is not up-to-date. I understand that Fibaro Heat Controller need a dedicated automation for when I change manually/automatically the target temperature or the state in HA, but my first needed is about get a fresh measured temperature in HA.

I hope you will understand

In my opinion your automation sends requests to the valve too often, be careful with your automation, every time it controls the current temperature does it send something to the valve? that causes it a consumption.

One solution is to remove the valve refresh and set the polling to 5 or 10min also on the controller_heating.
So you have an update on that too.

I have no automation, 0, nada, since 2 days.

I tried 1 day with polling_intensity of temperature at 10 (all others 0) and 1 day with polling_intensity of heating at 10 (all others 0). Same battery issues

I repeat: no automation or something else with the valve, except this thing about polling_intensity.

I also had problems with the battery, I solved by keeping the valves always in heating mode and setting polling_interval: 300000 in zwave.yaml and polling_intensity to 1 of the entities.
Then I adjust the ignition of the boiler with an automation that controls the current temperature with the target temperature.

I loaded the batteries in September and now the lowest is 60%, which is the one I use the most.

However, my problem with the battery that was discharging was due to the fact that every time the current temperature changed I sent a request to open or close the valve even if the request was the same, like at night that the valve was closed.

Ok I’m just trying as you said, will get back later with my “result”. Did you set up the polling_intensity to 1 just for temperature, or temperature and heating?

I do, but you also want to check the changes in the target temperature, so set both controller_temperature and controller_heating to 1, if the battery still runs out too quickly check in the register if you really don’t send any requests to the valve, because it’s very strange what you It happens.

1 Like

Hello,

Got same issue here … With the Fibaro FGT-001 fw 4.7, no way to update anything( temp,mode,etc …) and also no update of temp.

Any embedded fix planned in hassio ?

Have you managed to solved this problem somehow?

I’m using openzwave and doing it with this automation:

alias: Heating Bedroom - Update
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: call_service
    event_data:
      service_data:
        entity_id: climate.heating_bedroom_mode
condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: >-
      {% if trigger.event.data.service == 'set_hvac_mode' %}{{
      trigger.event.data.service_data.hvac_mode !=
      states(trigger.event.data.service_data.entity_id) }}
        {% elif trigger.event.data.service == 'set_preset_mode' %}{{ trigger.event.data.service_data.preset_mode != state_attr(trigger.event.data.service_data.entity_id, 'preset_mode') }}
        {% elif trigger.event.data.service == 'set_temperature' %}{{ trigger.event.data.service_data.temperature != state_attr(trigger.event.data.service_data.entity_id, 'temperature') }}
        {% else %}False{% endif %}
action:
  - delay: '00:00:04'
  - service: mqtt.publish
    data:
      topic: OpenZWave/1/command/requestnodestate/
      payload: '{"node": 19}'
mode: single

It works great for me also. Thank you

According to the history on this forum, I’m replying to this topic as I’m wondering since 2018 what currently the latest status is and what the best way to go forward is for implementing a Fibaro thermostat (FGT-001) with and without an external sensor (FGBRS-001) into one card showing the set temperature and it’s current temperature?

I have multiple Fibaro thermostats with/without sensor.

Can somebody explain what I can do the best to get it properly integrated into HA? Is it out-of-the-box supported nowadays by HA or do I still need some python script? Can somebody advise please?

When looking at the device in HA, one thermostat and temperature sensor is perfectly being showed (for a room).

When using its default thermostat card it’s only showing the set temperature and not the current temperature in the room:

I think you are using fibaro integration with a fibaro home center, so what you see is what your fibaro home center exposes.

That’s correct, I’m using Fibaro Home Center 2 and I’m using the HA Fibaro integration. But Fibaro is showing me both at my HC2, although into 2 devices, but also HA is showing me the Control and the Sensor, however the Control is not linked with the Sensor (while showing the correct values).

Please see my picture from HA above.

So, the conclusion is: I have to update the Control with the Sensor via an HA automation. My question is, what is the best way to proceed as there is Phyton and also another way via HA… I just wanted to know what the best path would be (as so much has been written about it, I’m actually lost)

Please help me with some short guidelines and I will follow up…

I don’t use a Fibaro Home Center, but the individual valves integrated into HA, so I can’t help you on this.
But, I have some valves without the external sensor and to show the current temperature which would be at 0, I use a python script.

See if it helps you.

otherwise here he explains how to do it, even if it is in Italian.

https://henriksozzi.it/2021/04/trattare-lo-stato-di-unentita-in-home-assistant/