Fibaro Motion Sensor - Count the guests

Hi,

has anyone figured out how to mimic the “Count the guests” feature that’s mentioned on the Fibaro Homepage.

My guess would be to that I have to reduce both values

• MOTION SENSOR’S BLIND TIME (INSENSITIVITY)
  • MOTION ALARM CANCELLATION DELAY
    on both sensors.
    Then somehow I need to count if Sensor A and then Sensor B detect a motion in a timeframe of n seconds as well as decrease the counter if Sensor B and the Sensor A detects motion.

Any tips for this kind of feature?

I tried that myself some month ago with openHab without success. But i want to try that again, so if you find a solution i would love to here from your way.

Here is the script they use for that from the fibro website. Maybe that helps you.

1 Like

It seems the first hurdle is the missing of a counter sensor. A feature request is open for that.

Yeah a sensor with some option be great but should be possible with input_slider and automations. The sensor template could be used for counting.

But i think that can not really be used. I think it will work for counting how many people entered your house if they come with some time between them. But if someone is walking to fast behind another one it will not work. Would be great if i am wrong.

Maybe someone has a better idea how to count people, maybe per room, that would be fantastic.