Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 - No intermediate level

Hi,

I purchased a Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 and set it with HASS.io
When I look at the configuration, I see it’s calibrated (also had to reverse the output and change the switch type).
Yet, I can’t set an intermediate position for my blinds : it’s either fully open or closed.
If I use the slider on the cover card, it’ “rounded up” to open or closed.

I tried to install OpenZWave Control Panel.
There, I see the “Level” is either 0 or 99, even when I open my blinds partially using the switches.

Any idea what’s going on ?

I have the same problem. If you search the forum, you can find a workaround which calls an entity update service after the blind has been moved to update the position. Unfortunately, that workaround doesn‘t work on my system. Which firmware version do your Fibaro Roller Shutters have?

I’ve seen those topics but the goal is to “force refresh” at a given moment. Even when the level is refreshed, it’s still all or nothing here … :frowning:

I see the following in OpenZwave:
Protocol Version : 6.02
Application Version: 5.00

(I’m still able to return it, in such a case, any advice on a good controller for blinds ? Qubino ?)

Exactly the same here. I can’t get it to work with forcing a refresh. It only shows fully open or fully closed. Would really like to know how the others did get it to work so that it also correctly displays any intermediate positions.

1 Like

I have returned my Fibaro Roller Shutter and bought the Qubino one. Working perfectly, no time wasted setting it up : calibration, and working great :slight_smile:

I won’t buy Fibaro stuff anymore I guess, two out of three devices were a pain to setup, and one still is …

I’m actually using the Qubino shutter modules and they’re really low quality. Already had 4 die on me in a few months, and if you use them in Venetian blinds mode they frequently don’t update status (and never do when using the physical switch).

I created a workaround automation that refreshed the devices after it has been used. I created this blueprint. Maybe it helps

I was also using an automation to force refresh during power draw.

Today I switched to the new zwave-js integration.
Seams like the Roller Shutter 3 works correctly now. No force refresh needed anymore.