Fibaro Smart Implant (FGBS-222) Maybe not all that smart after all?

Hi Community!

I started working with the FGBS-222 just the other day and I just can’t seem to figure it out!? To me it feels like Fibaro put all logic aside when they designed this device. Is there someone here that has outsmarted this device and have the time to explain?

As far as I understand the Fibaro spec. there is supposed to be support for:
On serial input

• 6 x DS18B20 sensors or 1 x DHT sensor

Two 0-10V or digital inputs

• 2 x 2-wire or 3-wire analog sensors or 2 binary sensors
  • 2 potential-free outputs (opening or closing)

How does this map to the following which is what I get when including the device?

The spec also states: " It can also control devices by opening/closing output contacts independently of the inputs." I can’t get it working, is that really true?

This is my setup:

1 Like

Maybe this post will help you set this up.

Hi and thanks for your quick response. I have already read that inlay and it did help me. With that said I still wonder how the HA Entities map against the sensors and switches in the implant.

When reading the zwcfg*.xml file the following mapping is what I get out of it:
/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------- */
COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY
instance=“1” index=“0” label=“Sensor”

COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY
instance=“1” index=“0” label=“Switch”

COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
instance=“1” index=“1” label=“Temperature”

COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM
instance=“1” index=“0” label=“Alarm Type”
instance=“1” index=“1” label=“Alarm Level”
instance=“1” index=“2” label=“SourceNodeId”
instance=“1” index=“10” label=“Burglar”

Shouldn’t it be something like this?
/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------- */
COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY
instance=“1” index=“0” label=“Sensor 1”
instance=“1” index=“1” label=“Sensor 2”

COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY
instance=“1” index=“0” label=“Switch 1”
instance=“1” index=“2” label=“Switch 2”

COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
instance=“1” index=“1” label=“Temperature”

COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM
instance=“1” index=“0” label=“Alarm Type”
instance=“1” index=“1” label=“Alarm Level”
instance=“1” index=“2” label=“SourceNodeId”
instance=“1” index=“10” label=“Burglar”

Does anyone know?

Did you include the device securely, or non-securely?

1 Like

Securely if I remember correctly, un-securely the first time…

Same problem with unsecure? There was a bug (I believe still exists) that might prevent finding both switch instances.

1 Like

Aha! Il immediately try to remove, restart and then re-add unsecure.

Thanks for your advice!

It’s something to try, no idea if it will address your problem though. According to the manual, the device is multichannel and has several endpoints (up to 13). In HA, these will show up as individual Devices (in Control Panel -> Devices). Each device will have different entities. In this case, two of the Devices would have switches.

Thank you Burningstone & freshcoast for your assistance, much appreciated!

Re-adding unsecure solved it, now I have all entities!!!

1 Like

I couldn’t get this right with HA 0.106.6.

I was replacing my Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor with this (which I use in my doorbell) using input 2, but for some reason when ever I pushed my doorbell button, nothing ever happened.

I tried adding it as both secure and non-secure, made no difference.

I ended up going back to my Universal Binary Sensor, at least it worked. Anyone else have this working in a similar situation?

It only ever showed 1 binary sensor, but multiple of all the other devices. Are there maybe some parameters I need to change or something?

I am using unsecure and having issues. I believe I have the device wired properly, have paired with zwave network, and I am successfully using input one (IN1) as a binary sensor. However I am unable to get the secondary input (IN2) to work. I have set Parameter 20 and Parameter 21 to “0 – Normally closed alarm input (Notification CC)”. I believe there is a Protection Mode which I need to set to “No Operation Possible” however Zwave Configuration in Home Assistant is not updating (it actually has no ‘Update’ button’). Anyone else been able to get IN2 working?

Using the new ZWave integration ZwaveJS I was able to set “Local protection state” to “NoOperationPossible” which separates the input from the output.

I have the same problem with IN2. IN1 works perfectly but IN2 does not respond at all. Did you figure it out?

Same problem here. IN2 does nothing, IN1 is working as it should. I am using ZwaveJS2mqtt

EDIT: After re-interviewing the device, everything works now as intended! IN1 & IN2 report their state fast and correct. @oysteinl
Also changing parameters in the protection state works fine. Now I am able to use one smart implant to control 2 garage doors and monitor both of them with 2 reed switches.

Maybe the device just needs a re-interview after changing the configuration for the inputs?

1 Like

Yes, mine is also working as expected now. Both IN1 and IN2 responds normal. :smiley: :ok_hand:

I used these for mouse traps& doorbell button, so In1&In2 works ok.

But I get no notification of temperature changes. Nothing in zwave-log also. I had to change back to older FGBS-001 version to get temparature changhes. When queried, it returns proper readings.

My HA is version 0.108.9 so it also uses older version on zwave than the current.

Had similar issue for reading voltage… Seems Smart Implant does not push analog inputs updates to HA and it requires to have some simple automation to pull new values periodically. Along with IR distance sensor I use it to detect car presence in garage and here is the code I use to pull values from SI to HA:

- id: 'refreshing_car_sensors'
    alias: Refreshing Car Presence Sensor
    initial_state: True
    trigger:
      - platform: time_pattern
        seconds: '/10'
    condition:  # This is used to run automation only after Zwave network is fully initiated, to avoid errors in log
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_boolean.zwave_active
        state: 'on'
    action:
      - service: zwave.refresh_node_value
        data_template:
          node_id: 32
          value_id: "72057594579796210"
1 Like