Financial Tracking (Mint)

Overview

Get your MINT Data into Home Assistant. I’ve written an AppDaemon plugin that you can use to gather your Mint financial data into Home Assistant.

Personally I use this to keep an eye on a specific account balance - and I have home assistant fire Alerts when it gets low.

Update - How to Install in HACS

1. Install HACS https://hacs.xyz/
  2. Enable App Daemon (AppDaemon Apps | HACS)
  3. Add Mint Repo
    Open Hacs
    Click Automations (Upper Right option if you’ve turned on AppDaemon)

Enable a custom repo:

And enter https://github.com/jeeftor/mint-scraper-for-homeassistant

Configuration

Once installed follow the ReadMe: GitHub - jeeftor/mint-scraper-for-homeassistant: AppDaemon script for scraping financial data from MINT to display in home assistant how to setup. your account.

Might be simpler to use a webpage card to show the page you’re thinking of scraping from. I do this to provide a dashboard wiki for my installation - works very well.

But you can’t make automations against that. Last night I prototyped a way to use mintapi on the CLI to pull down a json packet of mint and then parse and send that data via MQTT into HA.

It works … but it’s messy. My personal use case is to alert me when certain accounts get too low and I need to move money around.

I wrote something in AppDeamon: see → MINT Financial Scraper + MQTT

Is there any way to make this simpler to install? This is a lot of steps to see how much money you have

I wish there was…

Any chance of pulling credit card information and/or showing recent transactions?

As long as it’s in mint which I think it is … it should be there - however - it’s pretty low on my priority list at the moment. I am currently trying to improve the intellifire integration…

Did you get this up and running with balances however?

I wouldn’t put any effort into this at all.
Mint is shutting down as of Jan 1.

1 Like

Yup → trying to find out if I can use credit karma or some other service with APIs… :frowning: