Find bluetooth speaker

Hi everyone,
COuld someone please help me with this ?

I installed Hassio, the whole 9 yards and all … BUT I have no idea what to do to hook up my Raspberry Pi 3 to my bluetooth speaker. I have installed BCM43XX but I don’t know what to put in the Options nor how to find the MAC adress (as I beleive it will be used later)
Thank you in advance !

5 Likes

Same here, since hassio doesn’t support installing bluez etc I installed the BCM43XX addon but also have no clue how to connect with a speaker or what to pass in to the options.

Hi, you must put this in the configuration.yaml

device_tracker:

platform: bluetooth_tracker
Turn on in discovery mode the bluetooth speaker and then restart Raspberry Pi 3.

Then in known_devices.yaml should appear a new device called bt_xxxxxx.

After thisi dont know what else you can do with the bluetooth speaker. I would like to use it as google home device but i dont know how to do it.

check this link

1 Like

Did you see this?

This only enables hassio to track BT devices nearby. This does not allow to connect and USE the speaker as an audio output.

Yes I have, and since I am using hassio, I am unable to sudo anything.

Yes, and in the known_devices.yaml you can find the MAC address of the bluetooth device.

Yes exactly. Now all I need is how to connect to it and use it as a remote speaker.

Hello @hevolution
Do you resolve it ? I’m interrested in buying some bluetooth speakerphone to add a mic and a speaker in the same time to my hassio Pi3, but I’m not sure that will works…

Nope. Still waiting for the update with BT controls. Adding a mic is easy if USB. Thar is my actual setup for emulating Google assistant.

Well, I’m also very curious about how to pair with a Bluetooth speaker to work with Google Assistant.
The documentation is very brief: https://home-assistant.io/addons/bluetooth_bcm43xx/

I am currently trying to achieve the same, connect rpi3 with JBL charge 3 speaker to use with Google Assistant.
I have enabled the Bluetooth device_tracker component and captured the Mac address.

This part looks promising except for the sudo part.

I will take a look into creating it into an addon (or fork the current Bluetooth addon).

Just leaving this as a possibly usefull resource

Any update on that?

1 Like

i’m interested too, also in connecting multple bt speakers with Hass.io or using a Bluetooth Hands-free Speakerphone…

nope … still looking …

Im interested in this too! Since i’m using Hassio there is no way to sudo install pulseaudio like the other post said

I’m also interested in this. I too have Hassio.

I am also waiting a solution for this

This would be really useful. Have the bluetooth set up and discovery as well but it only lists the bluetooth speaker as a gps and there’s no way to control it.

Maybe someone would be able to submit a feature request for hass.io, for Bluetooth audio. I would surely love to have this feature as well

2 Likes