First Alert ZCombo

I just set up a Aeotec Z-Stick Rev 5 in my HA installation. It seems to be working fine.

I also got A First Alert ZCombo smoke detector. I have it paired with the Z-Stick and it shows up in HA. If I hover over the smoke detectors entry on the States page I see a bunch of state values, among those the battery level. What I do not see is anything that represents the current state of the alarm, whether all is well or whether a fire has been detected.

What state value should I be looking for?

I should have looked closer before I posted. It was in the little icons at the top of the page.

Sorry

If you haven’t seen it yet, this thread explains the different status codes: First Alert Z-Wave Smoke / Carbon Monoxide Detectors don't show up in Home-Assistant

Sorry for resurrecting this old post but I’m struggling trying to add this smoke detector to HA.
I have tried pairing it with the z-stick, but it doesn’t show in HA
I have tried pairing through the ZWAVE Network Manager in HA, and sometimes I see the entity showing up but it goes away after HA is restarted (I only see something like Unknown Node in Probe status).
How did you guys paired this smoke detector?

2 Likes

I paired mine by clicking on the zwave “Add node” in the UI, then inserting the batteries into the smoke detector while the test button was held down.

Could the new lovelace ui be confusing you? Homeassistant shouldn’t lose a zwave device. New entities don’t automatically show up in the UI by default anymore with lovelace after they are added. In lovelace click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner then “unused entities” and see if it shows up there.

Alternately check the old ui in http://yoururl:8123/states or use http://yoururl:8123/dev-state and see if it is there.

I was able to pair it. I had to remove it from the network first, factory-reset the smoke detector and add it though the Add Node option in the Zwave Manager. Thanks!

Quick question, hoping to not derail the progress of these posts’s however I can not find a solution while searching the blog.

Admins feel free to move accordingly.

Is it possiable to push the siren via zwave to the zcombo when my alarm panel is set to armed or away and a trigger happens?

Thanks in adavance