First timer... Trying to convert a working script to create support for a new platform

I know I am late to the party, but I picked up an Aerogarden sprout at a rummage sale, it is working so well that I got a Farm Plus (2 12 pod gardens) from Goodwill for $94.99.

I tried kshuemakers code and it works but doesn’t understand that this has a left and right side. Basically it is one controller but two gardens. There was a pull request to add support for that but that was for an earlier version of his code.

I have forked his code on GitHub, patched it with the updates and then submitted a new pull request.

There are other features of the farm, which I don’t know if they exist in other Aerogarden models, like automatically raising and lowering the lights, draining the garden, and preset settings for the pump and light based on what you are planting.

I don’t know if anyone else has tried any of this, or if I need to break out tcpdump.

Just bought a farm myself and now in the same boat. Only one side of the Farm is detected when turning the light on and off. Were you able to find a solution?

I am using a patched version, I did submit a pull request but heard nothing back.

Merc1031 had submitted a farm pull request but the kshuemaker version had been updated to the newer format. I have combined the two sets of changes.

This works for me.

Any update on being able to control the lights? I want to automate turning them off when motion is detected so they don’t blind us during dinner since they are in the dining room.

Guessing people don’t use that custom component anymore :frowning:

I guess not, best i can get to work is alerts when needs water and food, could never get the lights to turn off with HA, still would love to be able to but I guess its a lost cause since I don’t have the skills to figure it out.

For the past couple months I’ve been using a version that I’ve tweaked and fixed a bit. It’s very much not perfect, but it kinda works, at least. The light toggling is still not smooth, as reading the state from the cloud is unreliable. I changed it so that it will attempt to go from On>Dimmed>Off when you turn the light off, and Off>On when you turn it on, but that often gets messed up. I might try to add a command that just manually toggles it once, like in the official app, so if it gets messed up you can fix it. I’ve included most commits/fixes from the other forks, however I probably broke multi-garden support. I only have one garden so I can’t test/fix that.

Very recently AeroGarden seems to have changed their API, so today I used "HTTP Toolkit](https://httptoolkit.tech/) to find the new endpoint. So now it works again.

Here is my forked repo: https://github.com/JeremyKennedy/homeassistant-aerogarden

You can install it using HACS’s custom integration support, or with the instructions in the README.

Has anyone gotten this to work with the farm (left and right)? I thought I updated my version but still cannot get it to show more than right. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi, I know there has been over a year, but I am wondering if this is still working. When I try to add aerogarden on the integration, it says “This device can not be added from the UI”
I already added the snippet on the configuration.yaml.
am I missing something?