Fitbit Component to support multiple Users

any news about supporting this multiple update thing?

half year later, anyone want to develop this basic functionality to the fitbit integration?

Such a dissapointment that this has been lost to the history books.

Is there anyone that can help to get it working again???

Thanks

Check out my working solution. It uses the latest HA fitbit configuration files. Tested multiple times

Hi Brian, thanks for this. I tried the solutions above and couldn’t get them to work at all. I’ve managed to get your solution working for a single fitbit, but when I try adding a second I get an error relating to my configuration.yaml entry after Stage 4:

- platform: fitbit1
    clock_format: 24H
    monitored_resources:
      - "activities/distance"
      - "activities/heart"
      - "activities/tracker/minutesVeryActive"
      - "activities/tracker/distance"
  - platform: fitbit2
    clock_format: 24H
    monitored_resources:
      - "activities/distance"
      - "activities/heart"
      - "activities/tracker/minutesVeryActive"
      - "activities/tracker/distance"

…throws the error…

'Platform error sensor.fitbit2 - Integration ‘fitbit2’ not found

I think I followed your instructions to the letter. Any ideas? Many thanks!

So I couldn’t get Troubleshooter’s solution to work with two Fitbits (consistently getting that same error mentioned above). However it did partly provide the solution for me, by using Troubleshooters ‘fitbit1’ setup for the first Fitbit and the HA default Fitbit setup for the second Fitbit. All’s well that ends well! Thanks Brian.

I think a step may be missed. I just upgraded to the latest version of Home Assistant today and everything stopped working so I pulled all of the folders & files created in the steps and put them back in per instructions and it all reconnected back up with no issues.

Sorry I do not monitor messages as much as I should but I would suggest starting from step 1 with the fitbit2 folder setup to add the second fitbit. Check out the notes at the bottom of the Github as I have put some troubleshooting steps there.

Brian

You have to copy the folder in first and restart home assistant before adding the second sensor otherwise its looking for an integration it thinks doesnt exist. If you follow the instructions through again you may have just missed a step.