Fixed: How to make a Monoprice ZWave Window/Binary Sensor Work

Hi all - seem to be having trouble with this setup and can’t quite figure out why. Wondering if anyone sees something wrong here that I’m overlooking?

- platform: template
  sensors:
    monoprice_2AIOC_DWS01:
      value_template: '{% if states.sensor.hank_unknown_type0201_id0008_access_control == "22" %}open{% else %}closed{% endif %}'
      friendly_name: 'Monoprice Door Sensor'

I’m getting the following error…

Invalid config for [sensor.template]: [monoprice_2AIOC_DWS01] is an invalid option for [sensor.template]. Check: sensor.template->sensors->monoprice_2AIOC_DWS01. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at Template - Home Assistant

Any thoughts are appreciated! :slight_smile:

And of course right after posting I realized that it was because I was using capital letters in the template sensor name… FYI for anyone who didn’t know you couldn’t do that (like me)! :rofl:

@Syco54645 you ever get your code up? I just added a Monoprice door sensor and ended up with 8 sensors populating my UI in addition to the binary sensor which doesn’t even seem like its working. Curious what I should do with all these other sensors and if instead I should have added the Monoprice sensor as a “secure add”