Floorplan for Home Assistant

That’s already possible, add a action section to the config of your group.

action:
        service: toggle

As is the documentation:

I am a dumdum…thank you :slight_smile:

~Cheers

@pkozul sorry for the noob question. but where can i find the id name in inkscape?

Object properties:
Object -> Object Properties
or
CTRL+SHIFT+O

~Cheers

@pkozul: just wanted to say that I’ve played around with the floorplan framework this week and I just love it. Thank you!

4 Likes

Great to hear! Keep us posted on how you go… there is always much to share and learn.

This is where I’m currently at. :slight_smile: Next step is to be able to control my light scenes using those “buttons” on the right.

1 Like

Good morning, congratulations for the great work. I have a small problem that I can not understand, I’m using the demo configuration present on github and followed the step-by-step instructions, I can see the SVG map but when the screen pops up and pops under the map I see the configuration of the Floorplan.yaml file as text (attached image). I have repeatedly checked the configuration and it looks okay, where can I be wrong?

Thank you so much

Hello! Was there anything changed recently related to group of lights?

I just pulled latest files from ha-floorplan and now I’m getting warnings like this in floorpan:

Cannot find element ‘light.hue_office_light_1’ in SVG file
Cannot find element ‘light.hue_office_light_2’ in SVG file
Cannot find element ‘light.hue_office_light_3’ in SVG file

Hi there. Nothing was changed regarding groups of lights.

Does your SVG file definitely contain the elements that are being reported?

Cheers.

I believe there are certain areas of the floorplan that, when clicked, display the ‘more info’ dialog of the entire floorplan. That will show you all of the config information as you have mentioned. That’s the default HA functionality kicking in.

Does this open automatically in your case, or when you click on something?

I have a group of lights entity “” which contains 3 lights:

light.hue_office_light_1
light.hue_office_light_2
light.hue_office_light_3

and in my SVG, I have this:

<g>
    <title>Office Light</title>
    <use id="group.office_lights" transform="matrix(1, 0, 0, 1, 40, 352)" xlink:href="#item_light_bulb"/>
  </g>

But for some reason I’m getting the warnings mentioned above.

Do I need to put individual lights in the SVG even though they’re part of a group?

Thanks!

I’m trying to use “Add to home screen” on my iPad combined with hide_app_toolbar:. I’m getting a “enter password”-screen and after that nothing happen. Occasionally, Safari crashes. Anyone got any advise on how to get this to work?

Look above, I’ve posted a work around for this. Or wait till next version, it seems this will be configurable then.

hi guys, stranger things happend. when i modify my svg file with inkspace, then i save it inkscape freeze. after a while inkscape return to life, but the svg file doesn’t work in ha. the prevoious file (i have done a copy before the change) still work well. any ideas?

There is a change coming soon, which will allow you to use your HA groups in two different ways:

• Map the HA group to a single SVG element
  • Explode the HA group so that it its child entities get mapped to their own SVG elements

Will be ready tomorrow.

4 Likes

Thanks @pkozul @vkorn! looking forward to the official fix

Definitely looking forward to this. Almost all of my Hue bulbs are in 2- or 3-light fixtures where I have like light.lr1, light.lr2, light.lr3 in a group called living_room_overhead and I’d love to just be able to toggle that as one button.

I took the liberty to create a separate thread for posting floorplans as I’m really keen on learning how others have done designing their svg-files.

3 Likes

Just a FYI I have a second sensor for every door so I can have two alternating graphics for each door (one open door, one closed door) second sensor is a template sensor which ‘inverts’ state of the real one and they get visible / invisible depending on their state.

~Cheers