Floorplan for Home Assistant

any news on the next version - i was thinking of updating my UI but didnt want to start with the new version just around the corner?

Also are there any plans to be able to customize the html itself? Like many here i’m not an artist, but doing my best to use existing templates/CSS etc

Thanks

My first stab at a floor plan and I must say I am quite wow’d with floorplan and HA!! So glad I moved (still moving) from ST.

So in rooms where there are only 4 lights each one is clickable so no issue but in rooms with more some are grouped. Like in the kitchen the first 6 lights are in one group, if I make each light a selectable item and them group the 6 it makes a big rectangle around almost half the room so this does not work for me as it would stop you clicking on anything around it (does that make sense?)

Is there any way to make a bunch of selectable parts of the floorplan call the same function? Or do I need to make some kind of dummy devices? Only been using HA for about a month so my knowledge is quite bitty.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

5 Likes

I apologize in advance if this was mentioned previously in this thread; this project could REALLY use it’s own forum/subforum.

Anyways, my question revolves around putting a link to other custom panels on to the floor plan somehow. Has anyone does this or know of a way to pull it off? My idea was basically to have clicking on my stairs entity to change over to the associated panel with the floor said stairs lead to (I have 3 custom panels for basement, main and upstairs).

Has anyone done such things or even just added buttons/links to change to a different page or panel?

Thanks and amazing work on this, even my wife is (mildly) impressed. Which in and of itself is impressive…

I have this problem on v1.0.6 on my lights. They turn on and off often when I press the icon on my SVG file. Is that problem not fixed in v.1.0.6? I tried your changed version v1.0.4, but no luck there either.

I have a similar problem with some of my RF433 switches they toggle on/off about 6 times :frowning:

Yes, tested now with hue lights, and that worked perfectly, so it seems like the problem is with my 433 Mhz switches.

Edit: Kind of strange. Made an input_boolean to turn on and off my light via automation, but the same problem with that too. When toogle the light.toogle service from homeassistant everything works fine. Meaby just settle with the pop-up menu for the 433Mhz devices.

Found a solution for the problem:
Make a script that does the toogle. For that group with the script, have domain: script, and action: turn_on.
Then, make an invisible figure over that switch in the SVG-document. Then name that invisible figure “script.(script to turn on your switch)”
That way you can toggle 433 switches as normal, and since the figure under the invisible figure is the same, it will show the state of the switch with colors as before.

You will get these error message in the log thou:

Script script.script_to_turn_on_your_switch is already running.

2 Likes

You could make them a group in the SVG and just call a specific service with it no? You can see in my repo how to do that.
I did it for the numpad on my alarm like this for example:

- name: Numpad0
          elements:
            - numpad_button_0
          action:
            domain: python_script
            service: floorplan_alarm
            data:
              number: '0'

Thanks @PhyberApex I will look into that

May not be the place to ask or answered already but I’ve had no reply asking as a separate thread or luck with a search.

Is there any way to reorder the panels so that Floorplan is either the default panel at the top or even just sits below the overview panel?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I don’t think so, you would probably have to get into polymer to do that sort of thing, maybe put it out as a feature request :slight_smile:

Hello ! I have just started to automate my smart home in HA. I have been looking for a floorplan solution for some time and found this thread. Sadly I have been running in to problems with displaying floorplan.svg . I have downloaded all the files from this repo to my /.homeassistant/www/custom_ui/ folder and followed the basic steps tutorial. Problem is I only get a blank white page in HA when trying to display the svg file. Im running HA on rpi 3 and using chrome as browser. I have tryed to clean history cache in chrome and reload floorplan page several times but nothing seem to work. Is there anyone who have a solution to this? // naeblizz

You can experiment using groups to change the order of cards. I did that to partially organize some cameras. A group that holds a camera will be displayed first (upper left corner), and individual cameras will be displayed last. There isn’t a good way to organize, unfortunately.

Is anyone having issues with their floor plan after updating to Home Assistant 0.62.1? I did a fresh install of 0.62.1 after some docker issues and added the floor plan component back. I noticed an issue where the floor plan would repeat itself, like this:

I thought it was something wrong with my floor plan, so I started from scratch using @pkozul s files and floorplan. But I’m still getting repeating floorplans. It happens over time, and sometimes the problem fixes itself by refreshing. It seems to happen sporadically. I didn’t make any changes to the css, svg, or any other files.

2 Likes

@dwinnn I have the same problem :confused: Everytime I change to the tab with the floorplan, I get an additional one. When I reload the page, all unwanted floorplans disappear.

Same error for me, here…

1 Like

I’d love to see this in action! mind making a quick screen record?

Hi,

What is the proper way of debugging? I’m using Floorplan and it adds about 2 minutes to HA start time (without Floorplan HA starts in about 1.8 minutes). It works for about 30-40 seconds then screen locks and tab needs to be closed. I’m using Chrome 63.

One way is to go into the floorplan.yaml file and uncomment warnings: you can also go to the Developer Tool → Console in Chrome Ctrl+Shit+I

Hopes this helps.