Floorplan UI with Color synced lights

I do. I have them all installed via HACS. I think this may be an issue with the fact that I have this dashboard set up yaml mode and maybe I don’t have the resources declaration correct.

May be, although normally HACS does that for you. May be a browser cache issue. Try clearing the cache.

Well quick question - I have storage mode listed so that my default dashboard uses the UI. I have a yaml reference under dashboards to use yaml for this one dashboard in configuration.yaml. So basically:

lovelace:
  mode: storage
  dashboards:
    lovelace-yaml:
      mode: yaml
      title: DASH TEST
      icon: mdi:script
      show_in_sidebar: true
      filename: floorplan.yaml

So first question is, do the resources also go into configuration.yaml or do they go into the “floorplan.yaml” which I guess would be the equivalent of ui-lovelace.yaml if I were not in storage mode?

Second related question - does resources go parallel to lovelace or parallel to dashboards?

Resources are dashboard independent. They are specified via the config>lovelace dashboards>resources menu.

If that’s the case, I already had them in that section.

Are you able to share the yaml for creating that ? - your weather page looks really nice!

I’m also unable to get the CSS to apply to upcoming media, despite having card-mod installed - Anyone know if there is some trick to getting that working?

@CDRX2 are you able to confirm where this needs to sit in the lovelace code ?

I’m not able to get my upcoming media card to skin correctly and I already see that I have this code above the type: picture-elements line that appears before the weather section (the same as from Luke’s github repo).

That code needs to sit at the level of the picture-elements card and requires card-mod.

In short (with new card-mod syntax):

type: picture-elements
card-mod:
  style: |

Thanks for the tip, managed to figure out what was going on - I use emby instead of plex… figured not an issue as it’s supported by the upcoming-media-card too…
Turns out the css tags are different when it’s displaying emby data (eg. .rece_svg_poster is .emby_svg_poster instead)
:man_facepalming:

Im unable to get light-slider-card to show up. Copied it to my /hacsfiles/light-slider-card/ light-slider-card-lajv.js directory and mapped it accordingly (in storage mode). Any idea why its not being recognized?

Try it like this:

- type: module
  url: /local/js/buien-rain-card.js?v=0.0.60
- type: js
  url: /local/js/light-slider-card-lajv.js
- type: js
  url: /local/js/nightscout-card.js?v=0.0.31

Issue is that I’m using storage mode, not yaml mode, so i can only choose module or css in the ‘type’ dropdown

Were you able to sort out the other things? For example popup?

yup, popup and light-entity, browsermod commands etc all working fine

The popup commands changed in a recent browser_mod release.

I have it in a tap_action to make it easier to invoke…

tap_action:
        action: fire-dom-event
        browser_mod:
          command: popup
          title: test
          card:
            cards:
              - entities:
                  - entity: light.downstairs_hallway_main_lights
                    secondary_info: last-changed

I can’t make the color change working. The brightness changes just fine but not the color. I don’t see anything wrong with the code:

type: 'custom:config-template-card'
entities:
  - light.bedroom
card:
  type: picture-elements
  image: /local/Floorplan/home.png
  elements:
    - type: image
      entity: light.bedroom
      image: /local/Floorplan/bedroom2.png
      style:
        left: 50%
        top: 50%
        width: 100%
        height: 100%
        filter: |-
          ${states['light.bedroom'].attributes.hs_color 
           ? states['light.bedroom'].attributes.hs_color[0] : 0}
        opacity: >-
          ${states['light.bedroom'].state === 'on' ?
          (states['light.bedroom'].attributes.brightness / 255) : '0'}
      tap_action:
        action: none

Does anyone have the css/yaml for getting this weather layout ? - I’ve been trying to replicate something like this all afternoon and can’t for the life of me get things looking right!

for those who like: i created a (seamless) loop of airdust particles. You can use it as a subtle overlay to make the (outside) floorplan look more realistic. And with the state opacity filter you can make a dynamic visualization of the amount of pollen in the air :slight_smile:

example: pollen HA floorplan - YouTube

GIF:
dust_overlay_perfectloop_compr2

4 Likes

Hello Karl, effectively I like your take on what luke has done. Would it be possible to share you code ?

Hi @Jens_Wymeersch Thank you. I managed to delete not only my main config from HA, but my backup too. I’m glad I posted the pictures as I plan to try and re-create it as soon as get a couple of days. I need to get my OVPN server sorted first so that I can access and make changes to my config when I’m away.

I’ll document my progress and share my config as I go.