Flow meter?

Is anyone out there successfully using a good reliable water flow meter that connects to Home Assistant? I’m interested in leak detection primarily and then usage. I have a house full of water leak sensors but they only do so much because if you have a slow leak and the water doesn’t happen to exactly hit the sensor then you can have a good size leak and never know.

I was all ready to install a cheap pulse counter to measure water flow, but then I figured out how to tap into the built-in pulse counter on my water softener. I’m using an ESP8266 running ESPHome to get the pulse count back into HA and it works great.

If you need to install a separate pulse counter, the hardest part for me was getting the adapters with the right threads. Here’s the unit that I got for this, and is currently sitting on my workbench: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LVTXQZR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you have sample code you can share? I’m looking to do the same with an FS300A. Thanks

Sure, this post has all my code: Water flow meter with pulse counter - Daily Usage

1 Like

Thanks!

Regarding the electronics, does it work with any hall effect sensor? What is your experience?

Yes, I believe that’s how most flow meters work. An impeller with a sensor.

Anyone knows and can recommend any clamp on flow sensors that could be integrated into home assistant?
I’d like to measure flow in different parts of my heating system but also usage of tap water.
Doesn’t need to be super accurate but in the right ballpark.

Hi! Is anyone out there successful with a flow meter to connect to home assistant?