Flux_led color not changing color

Hi all, I’m new to home automation and I have a working home assistant installation with the all in one installer on a RPI3. I have the flux_led component turning on and off the wifi controllers I have but I’m not able to get home assistant to work with changing color or brightness. The two Ledenet wifi controllers I have are
LEDENET DC 12V 24V Magic UFO LED WIFI Controller for RGBW RGBWW LED Strip Light IOS or Android system Smartphone Control LED Strip Light Music Modes DIY Modes
and
LEDENET Smart WiFi LED Controller 5 Channels Control 4A5CH CW/WW RGB RGBW RGBWW LED light, Timer Music Group Sync Controller.
If anyone would be able to help, I would be very appreciative.

Any errors in your log?

Sorry for the late response. I’m having the same issues as reported HERE. No errors in log. I’ve been following the other discussion for more information. If I have additional input on my issue I’ll post there. Thank you so much for all the work you put in. The community truly appreciates, even if it isn’t often said.

@Kbeesnees did you try the changes i made in the init.py File? I have exact the same controller you mentioned in your first post. For me colorchoosing is now working.

I think you’re referring to your post HERE. I noticed you mentioned your controller is a V3. I have both V3 and V1 models. My V3 is THIS and my V1 is THIS. I did make your changes and they were successful on my V3 (sincerely thank you). I made THESE changes that were suggested HERE to test my V1 which didn’t work for me.

1 Like

Add this as a custom component under conf_dir/custom_components/light/magichome_led.py

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thunderbird/magichome_wifi/master/magichome_led.py

@Ian_Michell

How are the configuration entrys for your custom component. I’ll give it a try.

BR

Lukas

Config is easy:

light:

• platform: magichome_led
    devices:
    192.168.0.92:
    name: Ians Desk
    192.168.0.90:
    name: Coving
    192.168.0.91:
    name: TV Backlight

@Ian_Michell Sorry for the late response. I’ve been busy so I haven’t had a chance to try this although I did see your post. Thank you for working on this. Looking forward to trying it out. I’ll have a chance this weekend to give it a shot and will post my results.

I have also been busy so not in a position to reply… Let me know how you get on. Mine work nicely, but my testing is limited. Want to patch the original flux_led library, hit when I read the code I lost interest :stuck_out_tongue:

@Ian_Michell for my v3 Controller only on/off is working. Brightness Slider and Color chooser does nothing.

I made mine work on the controller I bought. Can you post a picture of your controller please. Mine was a proper cheapie.

Colour changes certainly work.

Is your controller RGBWWCW?

Hi,

i have these one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MDKOSN0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482177267&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=ledenet+ufo

It is a RGBW Controller.

BR

That will be why. Have you tried the flux led platform?

Flux led is working after some change in code. So it’s not really a Problem. I just liked to test your Component.

@outrun: It is now added support for a new protocol: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/5097/files
This also make it easier for others to add an own protocol.