šŸ”¹ fold-entity-row - Hide away stuff in entities cards

Am I doing something wrong or can anyone tell me why I am getting spaces to the left of the auto-entities when included within the expand row?

Both sun entities are included in the fold. One is included via the auto-entities and one is just a plain old entity add. I seem to be getting padding on the left for any auto-entities.

I would expect with this example, both suns to be lined up since they are both part of the same fold with the same padding defined. Is this a bug? or operator error?

EDIT: Actually I see WHY. auto-entities is a card, not a row so its in the wrong place.

Suggestions on HOW to do this correctly?

Check this

Thanks but yes I tried that as well. The issue here is I am trying to combine a nested fold and then single entities. In the example the two suns really would be different entities.

This is the structure:

-> Fold 1    (correct padding)
--> Fold 2   (correct padding)
    \auto-entities\ (incorrect padding-left since this is a card and not a row)
--> entity1  (correct padding)
--> entity2  (correct padding)
--> entity3  (correct padding)

No matter how i attempt to structure the above, the left padding spacing is off for the Fold 2 since its a card and not a row. The card doesnā€™t honor the padding:0 and if auto-entities isnā€™t wrapped within a fold, it isnā€™t padded naturally.

THis is better picture of what is happening. The motion sensors are indented as if they are under the fold but they are not. The are a seperate set of entities (unfortunately contained in a dynamic card because of auto-entities. The spacing to the left of those motion entities is what should be pushed left to the same level as the ā€˜timersā€™ fold.

Have you checked that link?

Yes I checked the link. That wonā€™t work as it will do exactly the same thing.

if you use an auto-entities inside a fold use a card_mod to position the auto-entities:

- type: custom:fold-entity-row
    card_mod: *scroll
    head:
     type: section
     label: Totaal verbruik daystart
     card_mod: *label
    padding: 0
    entities:
      - type: custom:auto-entities
        card:
          type: entities
          card_mod:
            style: |
              ha-card {
                box-shadow: none;
                margin: -16px -16px 0px -16px;
              }

btw, only using a single entity inside an auto-entities is not very usefulā€¦

1 Like

Then I do not see any horizontal padding:

type: entities
title: fold-entity-row + auto-entities
entities:
  - type: custom:auto-entities
    card:
      type: custom:fold-entity-row
      head:
        type: custom:template-entity-row
        name: Test
        icon: mdi:car
      open: true
    filter:
      include:
        - entity_id: sun.*
        - entity_id: sun.*
  - sun.sun

ŠøŠ·Š¾Š±Ń€Š°Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ

There is a bad-looking margin-top styling for the 1st folded row but this is another issueā€¦
This could be fixed by card-mod - if this issue is solved (see my comments for fold-entity-row).

P.S. Guess you are missing ā€œpadding: 0ā€ option.

That did it. Thanks a lot!

No it was an example. I have a ton of timers in the fold. Was just testing.

Youā€™re missing the outer fold. If a card (auto-entities here) is contained in the fold itā€™ll push left as you can see in my code. I have it fixed now though with card-mod.

Because the top-level fold-entity-row in your card is containing auto-entities - but you were advised to change it.
Of course, if fold-entity-row contains ā€œentities cardā€ you will have horizontal paddings, then card-mod is the only way.
Actually, in your position, with so many rows & many folded lists, I would choose a ā€œfold-entity-row contains an auto-entiiesā€ schema with card-mod (+scrollbars) too.

If I remove the top level fold then I canā€™t create two folds with different entities nested like in my example along with auto-entities.

Iā€™m not sure what that means. I understand the scrollbar mention but not what else you meant there.

It is possible, but with a help of vertical stack w/o margins.
Just place auto-generated 2-levels lists in a stack.
Here is an example of a list of groups:

type: custom:auto-entities
        card:
          head:
            type: section
            label: All groups
          open: true
        unique: true
        show_empty: true
        filter:
          include:
            - domain: group
              options:
                type: custom:auto-entities
                card:
                  head:
                    entity: this.entity_id
                  open: false
                unique: true
                show_empty: true
                filter:
                  include:
                    - group: this.entity_id

Imagine that you have many similar lists placed in a stack (stack-in-card, for instance).

vertical-stack will give the same issue. The vertical stack canā€™t be placed under the fold-entity-row without something like custom:hui-element (if this is done, you have the same issue). If the vertical stack is placed at the top most level, you still need to nest the fold/auto-entities just the way I have them.

The end result should look like I have it now in the screenshot above. Do you have an example using vertical stack that produces that result?

I do not mean that.
What I mean is:

type: some-stack-card
cards:
  - auto-entities inside fold-entity-row (each element may be also auto-entites inside fold-entity-row)
  - auto-entities like above
  - etc

Not exactly. Each card will be auto-entities - see my example above which does not have horizontal padding.

I already gave you an example. And already explained:

Repeat: there are TWO options:

• use Entities card with fold-entity-rows containing auto-entities + card-mod with negative margins;
  • use stack with fold-entity-rows containing auto-entities + card-mod to remove spaces between stacks (or use ready stack-in-card).

It is up to you which way to choose. Sometimes the 2nd 1st way is better since CURRENTLY there are some problems with styling fold-entity-row inside auto-entities (if needed) if using 1st 2nd way; and these problems may be solved when using 2nd 1st way; this also includes a possibility to add a scrollbar by card-mod.
Update - I meant the FIRST way in the para before

:rofl:

Buddy, As I said, they both have the same issue and both use card-mod to fix them. Marius solved this many posts back. Everything youā€™ve suggested has the same issue and still requires card-mod. Iā€™m only replying at this point so some other person doesnā€™t come along and try to use vertical-stack to fix this per your recommendation.

Which ā€œsame issueā€, buddy? The initial problem was about horizontal padding. The ā€œstack methodā€ does not have this problem.
OK, itā€™s up to you).

Letā€™s see a full example mimicking this:

where:

- entity
- House Activity (fold):
- - (timers) Folded auto-entity
- - - auto-entity 1 item 1
- - - auto-entity 1 item 2
- - (kitchen motion) auto-entity 2 item1
- - auto-entity 2 item2
- - auto-entity 2 item3

The example which I already gave you may be adapted:

1. letā€™s call the whole code in that example ā€œmodule Xā€; if needed - add static rows (i.e. not folded) inside auto-entities on a required level (either via ā€œentitiesā€ option or via one more filter);
  2. place as many ā€œmodules Xā€ as you need in one stack-in-card.

As a result - you have LIST with a same horiz padding: each row is a folded list of auto-entiies, and each element may be either a folded list of auto-entities or some ā€œstatic rowā€.
If you need not-folded rows on the 1st level - add them as Entities card (and yes, here card-mod is needed to add/remove top/bottom margin or padding for the card, do not remember exactly).

Actually, using a ā€œstackā€ concept in UI cay give you a lot of benefits - each card may be presented as a stack (for instance, some card = a few entity rows, some graph, a few entity rows, a logbook , ā€¦). This may be achieved by placing each card in a stack.

Exactly. To get to my example, you still need card-mod and stacking doesnā€™t do anything to fix it. And obviously if I wanted a static list, I wouldnā€™t be using auto-entities in the first place.