FordPass Integration

Hi All -

This integration looks really interesting to me. I am running HA via docker, so do not have access to the community store. Can someone point me to any documentation that shows how to install these community integrations manually?

Thank you!

I used HACS to install
I use Home Assistant on Unraid Docker
I dont use hassio
I use HACS

Does anybody have the Mach-E and use this integration? I’m wondering if it’s possible to control the scheduling/max charge percentage via the integration. Would guide me in my EVSE purchasing decision.

I am using it with my Mach-E but a little limited on functionality. It has a device tracker, battery, range, windows/door locks and tire pressure sensor. A switch to remote start, guard mode and lock/unlock door.
For some reason in my case, it does update real time but automation works fine for pre-conditioning the car based on calendar entries.
On the same hand the Tesla custom integration has lot more functionalities

you must set an automation to update information for all vehicles.
how often it updates is up to you!

I have 2 automations setup, update every 4 hours when ignition is off, update every 15 minutes when on.

alias: Van Update when Off
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    hours: '4'
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: sensor.fordpass_ignitionstatus
    state: 'Off'
    attribute: value
action:
  - service: fordpass.refresh_status
    data: {}
mode: single

@asan2020

all my fordpass automations
I have a few automations set up for updating info.

1. update when off
    trigger : time pattern : every 4 hours.
    condition sensor:fordpass_ignitionstatus value OFF
    action: call service fordpass.refresh_status
  2. update when on
    trigger : time pattern : every 15 minutes.
    condition sensor:fordpass_ignitionstatus value ON
    action: call service fordpass.refresh_status
  3. start vehicle on workday mornings when below 10 degrees celcius
    trigger : time 7:30am and 7:46am
    condition : and : 2 condiditons, temp below 10 C, and checks google calendar to see if I work today
    action: start van and update status
  4. Update status every morning around the time I start work in case I am working on an unshceduled day.
    trigger : time 8am , 8:15, 8:30, 9:00
    action update status
3 Likes

F5 ?
post deleted… im assuming F5

1 Like

Is anyone using this to alert them if their lights are on? Is this possible which entity are you using? I accidentally switched my lights off from auto and woke up to a dead battery? So now I want to have an alert sent to my phone if my lights are still on or whatever.

HI Nick

These are all the options available for the fordpass, as far as I am aware.

I know it’s not quite the lights but maybe you can set up a battery alert so when the status of the battery diminishes it will alert you.

something like when the ignition is off update every hour the battery states if it diminishes then alert.

I hope this helps.

I dont see any current devices/entities/attributes related to lights…

But possible to monitor sensor.fordpass_battery
if state is NOT status_good then send notification.
would also need automation to update fordpass info every 10-15 minutes

alias: Van Update
trigger:
    minutes: '15'
action:

Good suggestions. I’ll implement these right away. Yea i don’t see anything lights figured I can’t be the first to want or think of this cause waking up to dead car no fun. Having the battery probably better than lights anyway as something else could be draining.

alias: Van battery warning
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.fordpass_battery
    below: '11'
    attribute: Battery Voltage
condition: []
action:
  - event: ''
    event_data: {}

this is even better… if battery drops below 11 volts do something…

1 Like

some of the entities you list have further attributes.

eg Ford Puma Battery has a voltage attribute, gives actual voltage

this is interesting your battery is 12 volts mine is 13

maybe add a condition when the ignition is off, I don’t know if you have any high drain on the battery when it’s on. to avoid false negatives.

actually MY automation does have ignition condition. 4 hours when off, 15 min when on

but if you were trying to catch your battery dying if the lights were left on… 1 hour could be too much… could go from ‘GOOD’ to ‘not enough to update’ in an hour if headlights were running

my work van has not run since wednesday, 12 seems right

alias: Van Update when Off
trigger:
    hours: '4'
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: sensor.fordpass_ignitionstatus
    state: 'Off'
    attribute: value
action:

1 Like

yeah, good point, I never really thought about it till Nick had asked the question.

why did you choose 4 hours when off and 15 mins when on, whats your reasoning for these times?
I’m going to add this to mine now.

well we have to set times manually, otherwise it dont update…

when driving, 15 min seems enough. i dont want to spam the home assistant log. it updates all entities, all attributes, as you see from the screenshot above there are more attributes than most people realize.

15 min gives good enough GPS updates, door status, lock status, IGNITION STATUS

4 hours when off… its a work van, company provided. i work 8 days on, 6 days off. it sits for 6 days at a time does not move. dont want to kill the battery updating status for nothing.

Does anyone know why the options (name/pw/vin, etc) don’t show? I installed FordPass (I have tried several versions from 1.26 → 1.30) and I never get the options popup. I see the Integration in HACS, but not able to add the options. Or is there just a .yaml file I can add? I do see the fordpass directory in the config/custom_components directory. I have un-installed and installed several times and never can get to options.

after you installed it via Hacs,

on the left panel go to configuration and then devices & services, add integration, search for Ford pass

pretty much the same as every HACS install

1 Like

There are two very important steps when using HACS to add community-provided integrations:

1. After you add the integration with HACS, go to Configuration/Settings/System controls, then restart your server.
  2. After the system has finished restarting, reload the page in your browser (typically hit Control+R).

The new integration will not appear in your “Add Integrations” list until step 2 is completed.