FortiOS device_tracker

Great.
So it works until 5.6 at least.
I’ll try to run it against 6.0 sometime…

upgraded to 88.2
Seems like the FortiOS device tracker doesn’t work anymore.
Logs told me to change directories, so now I have custom_components/fortiOS/device_trackery.py

Now in logs I get this error.

Log Details (ERROR)
Sun Mar 03 2019 19:11:55 GMT-0600 (CST)

Error setting up platform fortiOS
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/__init__.py", line 177, in async_setup_platform
    platform.get_scanner, hass, {DOMAIN: p_config})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/fortiOS/device_tracker.py", line 32, in get_scanner
    scanner = FortiDeviceScanner(config[DOMAIN])
  File "/config/custom_components/fortiOS/device_tracker.py", line 50, in __init__
    self.success_init = self._update_info()
  File "/config/custom_components/fortiOS/device_tracker.py", line 70, in _update_info
    string_result = self._get_arp_data()
  File "/config/custom_components/fortiOS/device_tracker.py", line 104, in _get_arp_data
    from pexpect import pxssh
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pexpect/__init__.py", line 75, in <module>
    from .pty_spawn import spawn, spawnu
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pexpect/pty_spawn.py", line 15, in <module>
    from .spawnbase import SpawnBase
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pexpect/spawnbase.py", line 218
    def expect(self, pattern, timeout=-1, searchwindowsize=-1, async=False):
                                                                   ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Thoughts?

Any ideas? If not, I guess I will try another tracking system.

I didn’t have the time to look at the upgrade, but I saw that 88 was likely to break a lot of things. This component (which I rely on exclusively for device tracking), my central heater component too. So I decided to wait a bit before upgrading.

You have handled the first modification needed, move the custom component to the right directory. Have you created an empty __init__.py there ?

Next step will be to understand what has changed in the registration of the tracker. I’ll try to look at it (so break my system and upgrade !) next week. I run on VMWare so I can do a snapshot and restore if things go really bad !