Foscam Camera Idle

New to HA, have added a few devices with no issue. Added a Foscam camera and it only shows as idle in Lovelace? Any help… Thanks.

camera:
  - platform: foscam
    ip: 192.168.2.118
    username: 
    password: 
aspect_ratio: 0%
camera_view: live
entity: camera.livingroom
type: picture-entity
image: camera.livingroom
camera_image: camera.livingroom

Any chance you are having this issue mentioned on the Foscam page?

There seems to be some issues within Foscam with lengthy passwords and passwords containing certain symbols. Be sure to check your camera’s documentation.

I had a ! in my password. I removed it and still not working.

Bumping for help!

I came here as I’m having the same issue.

I can view my cameras in an Android app called “IP Cam Viewer” and they are configured as Foscam F18910W.

In this app, I have it pointing to an IP address with a specific port.

So the App setting is:
Name: Rumpus
Host: Http://mydomain.no-ip.org
Port 81

If I want to view it locally on my web browser, I go to 192.168.178.81:81 (the browser prompts with a Foscam window with 3 buttons: Active X Mode; Push Mode; Mobile Mode.

I have 2 other cameras, called Kitchen and Loungeroom with the ports set to 82 and 83 respectively and the last octet of the IP address the same as the port. 192.168.178.82:82 and 192.168.178.83:83

I have tried the following in my Configuration.yaml file with no success (giving different names for each configuration variation:

So for Rumpus, it’s configured with the local IP address and my custom Administrator username and password.
Rumpus2 is configured with the local IP address and default Admin username and password.
Rumpus3 is configured with the No-Ip.org address and default Custom Administrator username and password.
Rumpus4 is configured with the No-Ip.org address and default Admin username and password.

My Lovelace looks like this (as you can see, my video doorbell works fine)

What is wrong with my configuration? I don’t want to change anything within the camera or router as they work fine in my Android app and web browser, so it must be something HA related.

Thanks in advance.

My problem was the model of Foscam I have uses a different RTSP port then the default HA uses when setting up cameras. Not sure what model of cameras you have…

rtsp_port: 88

Fixed my issue…

I put this line in and restarted but it didn’t fix my problem.

My Foscam is a FI890W

Thanks for the suggestion though

Very old topic, but I found my solution to the problem here: