Foxess Inverter Modbus

Thenx I jus order 5 pcs.
@disakos będę miał płytki w cenie produkcji i transportu jak byś był zainteresowany to moge odsprzedać sztukę.

Anyone has expierience with F-series Foxess inverter? I’ve tried the circiut and files form Github, but it doesn’t work with F3600…

Hi,
What exactly doesn’t work?

It is to be expected that the protocols for both inverters would be mostly identical. Why would they come up with a complete new one for an inverter with only minor differences?
Since T-series is 3 phase and f-series is one phase, some of the registers are bound to be different. It might be worth it to inquire polish support for the protocol for f-series (German and China support didn’t even reply to my email, but Polish support seems to be a bit more willing to help :wink: )

I send question to PL distributor. Please wait for answer.

Ok i have answer from foxess poland about F series
There is no rs485 to monitor of inverter. There is only RS for counter - sorry

Orginal answer from foxess poland:

Dzień dobry,

Uprzejmie informuję, że falowniki tej serii nie posiadają złącza RS485 do kommunikacji, maja możliwość podłączenia licznika działającego na RS."

Thank you Niqu!
Do you know what they mean with RS?

Ok more information from foxess poland
The transmission from the inverter communication board to the recorder goes to MODBUS RTU, then it is repackaged in the logger to MODBUS TCP and sent to the foxesscloud.com server.

In theory, you can listen to both lines, but so far I have not had to set up the system to do so.
I ask about some wiring diagram and more details.

P.S. Yesterday i Have to high voltage in network. Error no. 28 error of grid. I try sniff again this error in esp

EDIT:
More information: Inside connector to logger there is RS485 and power 7-12 Volts also inside is esp32 so i try to connect to esp and download firmware or try to sniff communication from/to inverter. @assembly We can try write esphome firmware direct to esp ?

Hi, sorry I hadn’t seen your edit. Are you talking about the Foxess wifi dongle?

Yes they say there is rs485 in usb connector but i’m not sure i must check where this pins is connected.
@assembly please look on priv

Yeah. The foxess wifi dongle is based on a esp8266. I opened it up once and actually thought about flashing it with esphome. In the end I decided against it for the simple reason I didn’t want to lose the logging to the foxess cloud (for debugging purposes) and also lose the only way to receive a firmware update OTA.

Where should the aht10 entry be placed? I put in foxess-inverter.yaml but it shows error duplicated mapping key (358:1)

Hi,
you can place it in the “sensors” block, like this:

sensor:
- platform: aht10
  temperature:
    name: "Temperatur Dachboden"
  humidity:
    name: "Luftfeuchtigkeit Dachboden"
- platform: custom
  lambda: |-
    auto foxesssensors = new foxesscomponent(id(uart_bus));
    App.register_component(foxesssensors);
    return {\
    foxesssensors->grid_power, \
    foxesssensors->generation_power, \
    foxesssensors->loads_power, \
    foxesssensors->grid_voltage_r, \
    .....and so on...

Just keep in mind, that you do not have to redefine the sensor block a second time. That’s what probably caused your error.

Now that the days are getting longer the inverter has more work to do. I’ve noticed the inner temp reaches 60 degrees Celsius almost every day already and it isn’t even that warm outside (in our attic) yet. I’m sure the temps will rise to 80 degrees or above when the weather starts to warm up, which seems like a lot for a system with only passive cooling.
What temperatures are you guys seeing at the moment. I’d like to compare as our inverter is located in the unconditioned attic where it may very well get up to 40-45 degrees in summer. I’ve got a 12kw inverter and a 9.6kwp array.

I was seeing temperatures around that while the ambient temperature was probably in 25-28 range. Are you sure it’s passively cooled though? I was under the impression my T8 has a small fan somewhere

Thanks for your insight. According to the datasheet it is passively cooled. I can feel no air blowing.

In the mean time I’ve build my own cooling with 3 PC fans (1.5W each). The difference is significant. The inverter now runs 10 to 15 degrees cooler and no longer goes into degrading mode.
The fans are offcourse automatically turned on and off by HA depending on the temperature😀

1 Like

Hei - One question. Do you have the wifi dongle plugged in? No or? You need the custom PCB in order to get it working or? Thanks for any hints!

The other question would be: If I use the ESP Adaptor with the Gerber Files, can I still leave the Wifi Plug plugged in for updates over the air?

Hi jest i have wifi dongle connected. Yes still software is possible to do

You can have the ESP and the original Wifi dongle installed at the same time. They do not interfere with eachother.

Ok awesome guys thank you so much! Sorry my inverter will come in 4 weeks, but as always I like to be prepared.

So there is the wifi thing that comes with it says my installer. But the other “Dongle” part will also be shipped or do I have to order it? Are these dongles then plugged into each other or is there one Slot on the inverter for each?

Thanks so much!
I am so excited to see this thing working. Need some solderer and the PCBs + components, but I think then I should be ready to go. Cheers to your effort guys!