Free Form Layout

Banging my head around the fact that I cannot arrange the tiles on the Overview page. I have read this is by design to make sure that tiles fit correctly on different screens (e.g. tablets, smartphones). Ok I get it, for those who just want things to fit automagically regardless. However, there are some of us who would like to have complete customization over the layout. This should not be done and the HA Console but on the device that is running the HA App. There needs to be an edit local mode so that we can adjust (e.g. drag-n-drop) and resize the tiles as we see fit. Is this something that is being considered/worked on?

I feel like I am using an iPhone where app icons are pushed to the upper left and I cannot place them where I want. Yes, I want a void in the middle of my screen, just because. Ugh!

1 Like

This card breaks my dashboard views. Plus, this does not seem to give any type of free form control where one would be able to resize using drag-n-drop and corner-grab. Basically what Windows allows you to do. Was hoping that HA would have a native solution to this issue as this would seem to be a basic thing that everyone would want.

1 Like

Development on a drag and drop (and resize) solution did begin, but the developer is currently busy with other things. You’ll just have to be patient. See https://youtu.be/O2xvK4MR7eY?t=391

If you watch some of his other videos you will see this is not a trivial task.

1 Like