Freebox device tracker

Hi @stilllman and thanks for your work.

I’m running 0.90.1 and I get an error each time the freebox platform is setted up.

Error setting up platform freebox
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/__init__.py", line 174, in async_setup_platform
hass, {DOMAIN: p_config})
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/freebox/device_tracker.py", line 15, in async_get_scanner
scanner = FreeboxDeviceScanner(hass.data[DATA_FREEBOX])
KeyError: 'freebox'

Let me know if I can help.

Hey, thanks for the thanks ^^

It looks like Home Assistant is trying to initialize the device tracker before initializing the Freebox component. The great @SNoof85 has made some changes a few releases ago to start implementing new features (upload/download sensors, wifi switch, etc.), maybe you haven’t updated your configuration after the breaking change? The configuration used to be

device_tracker:
      - platform: freebox
        host: foobar.fbox.fr
        port: 1234

but now it should be

freebox:
  host: foobar.fbxos.fr
  port: 1234

Let me know if this was the issue!

1 Like

:open_mouth: I didn’t even check for news in the component configuration page. Sorry…

Of course, it’s working now !

No worries, glad I could help!

Hi !
If you are running hassio, i would suggest you to use the check configuration addon before any upgrade :slight_smile: That would avoid these kind of issues if you have no time to explore all breaking changes :wink:

Hello @stilllman,
we have an issue with the mini 4k freebox.
Since my last update to 0.111.3 I’ve lost the device tracker.

2020-06-18 12:08:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.upnp] Unexpected error fetching Freebox Server data: Error during async_call(), status: 500, body: <?xml version="1.0"?><s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><s:Body><s:Fault><faultcode>s:Client</faultcode><faultstring>UPnPError</faultstring><detail><UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0"><errorCode>401</errorCode><errorDescription>Invalid Action</errorDescription></UPnPError></detail></s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>

The configuration is in the right form:

freebox:
    host: mafreebox.freebox.fr
    port: 443

Any idea?

Hmm I replaced the configuration with the external url, added all permissions to the application and now it’s working…!
Thanks for the good work btw!

If you read the docs it’s clearly stated that you have to use the API domain Wich is an external address. And FYI the integration can be configured without any yaml input. You can add freebox from the frontend.

@raomin Glad to hear you managed to fix your setup, and thanks @SNoof85 for following up

Hi everyone, @stilllman,

Does anyone know how to setup consider_home for freebox device_tracker?

1 Like

Anyone having a clue? :slight_smile:

Hi !

I don’t have anymore any freebox at home. But normally as it’s now configured via UI the consider_home should be on the options of the freebox integration. (i’m using unifi and it’s in the integration options)

But i’m not sure it is implemented on freebox device tracker platform.

Sadly no, it’s not. No options on the Freebox integration.

Does anyone know how to setup consider_home for freebox device_tracker?

I have exactly the same question; there are no integration options at all unfortunately

I’m contemplating editing the file .storage/core.config_entries but i’m not very confident… Should it go into options or data ?

{
        "entry_id": "e4c70d0a632af7df51e79e2fef941cc3",
        "version": 1,
        "domain": "freebox",
        "title": "xxxx.fbxos.fr",
        "data": {
          "host": "xxxx.fbxos.fr",
          "port": "40244"
        },
        "options": {},
        "pref_disable_new_entities": false,
        "pref_disable_polling": false,