Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

I can edit it and when i try to safe it it says "meassage malformed: device unknown ‘false’

My system is version 2023.11.2

Interestingly, while poking around just now i found that i have 2 frigate notification blueprints??!!, one without a version number and one with 0.12.0.1. Something seems to be odd

On the unknown device one select a device. Same as above.

Ahhh, got it. Thanks.

I’ve found one issue preventing the initial action from working which is probably why you are seeing variations. Will try to fix it tonight.

If you want to do it though edit the blueprint and on line 938 there are 3 places it uses the key entered_zones. this needs to change to enteredzones with no underscore

here is the complete section with the fix

- alias: "Custom Action Auto"
            choose:
              - conditions:
                  - "{{ custom_action_auto |length > 0 }}"
                  - "{{ not zone_only or (not zone_multi and zones|select('in', enteredzones)|list|length > 0) or (zone_multi and enteredzones|length > 0 and zones |reject('in', enteredzones) |list |length == 0) }}"
                  - "{{ not initial_home }}"
                  - "{{ not state_only or states(input_entity) in states_filter }}"

Hello, i tried that one on the beta but did not change a thing.
It lets me save as soon i put a device name in but was using group name before. Hope that leads u in samo direction.
Is there actually a practical way to debug and single stepping like in regular sdk’s?

Correct, use a device and a group. it will behave as if you only use a group as per the group description.

The traces usually offer answers as you can see where things are failing, but only if the automation starts, until you add a device it wont be working.

HA 2023.11 enforces a new validation on the device input that they did not previously, hence it now being mandatory.

Ok, using both, device and goup seems to do the trick.

Thx alot and especially for being so responsive

1 Like

Short desciption: cannot view clip/video in notification on Android device - while the snapshot works perfectly.
Long(er) description (and issue at GH) please see: [[Bug]: Video/Clip in notification cannot be displayed · Issue #120 · SgtBatten/HA_blueprints · GitHub]

Thanks in advance for answering and for this great plugin.

Hello again.

I was now able to jump in Front of the camera and guess what.
Another issue
My group for notifications is called “notificationgroup” and after frigate saw me and triggered the event i got this in traces:
"Stopped because an error was encountered at November 15, 2023 at 21:14:51 (runtime: 0.02 seconds)

Template rendered invalid service: notify.notificationgroup_"

Not sure where it gets the trailing _ from but i tried to find it in the code and u have a replace function in line 890 adding _ for blanks.
Commented that out but it still adds the _
Any idea?

Please turn on debug and provide the output as per this guide:
https://github.com/SgtBatten/HA_blueprints/blob/1eb293fade75b60c59e5c1c32a8f4b968fa3a883/Frigate%20Camera%20Notifications/Guide%3A%20Debug%20Option.md

. Good morning! It looks like my change in the code at 890 did the trick! I get now all my notifications as wanted to my group

notify_group_target: '{{ notify_group | lower | regex_replace(''^notify\.'', '''')}}'
  # | replace('' '',''_'') }}'

Had to move over the }}’ to the 889 line, was my first mistake when i said it did not work…
Looks like u r trying to get empty spaces out of the group name…but leading or trailing spaces are corrected with this as well.
I would suggest either to not allow spaces (which isnt normally allowed in most script/programming languages anyway) or restrict your function to in between strings, not leading or trailing
But awesome beta…well done and great work…thx for your efforts

It’s a weird glitch i’ve seen before. Toggle the one above debug, save, then toggle them both to the desired position and save again. Should work.

Amazing! thanks for the update, were you able to update blueprint and if so how should i update ? by deleting and re-importing? (beta or stable) sorry for the delayed response, but after my last post. i have been getting mostly notifications in zone but then on and off notifications being completely outside of zone. i am assuming the above fixes that or whether the actions run or both? lol thanks for all the help on this.

i edited the blueprint it started on line 1035

Yes unfortunately there is no way to update blueprints automatically.

If you copy the text from github you can overwrite the existing file in your HA install, otherwise delete and reimport also works. Make sure you reload automations afterwards.

When imported, HA messes up most of the multi line descriptions so yeah it doesnt line up properly with the original files i’m editing. but glad you found it.

did you update the blueprint? if so should i delete and re add or i should i not bother since i made the change manually? also, should i keep both actions in the auto loop and auto ?

Yes I did the change the other day in the beta.

Doesn’t really matter. Might as well just update when it next has features you want.

1 Like

great. i just got a false positive from the notification. the automation got triggered but not because of a person entering zone but i checked the camera events on frigate and it does the person was in the zone…was not… but when i went to camera debug there was a red and green box around the time seconds moving… i wonder if that caused it… any idea how to get rid of that? i downloaded the trace file right after the false trigger. should that i send that over and if so how can i attach it.

If frigate says the person was in the zone then it makes sense that you received a notification. At least I think that it was you are saying here.

1 Like

Hii… You can use the masking feature to remove the time window frok motion detection area.

2 Likes