Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

What url is it opening?
What version are you using?

You can enter iphones or notify.iphones. both are accepted.

1 Like

I’d appreciate if you could run the stable version for a couple of days to test. If you change the blueprint referenced in yaml mode you don’t lose all the settings. Or just copy them before you change which blueprint is selected in the dropdown.

So what do I change in the yaml to go to stable? Or should I just copy/paste the stable code from Github instead

Running 0.11.0.16

It takes me to this URL

https://homeassistant.domain.com/api/frigate/notifications/1684450416.397426-13e6co/driveway/clip.mp4

Does it work on your computer or phone right now?

Loads on computer fine, not on phone. Maybe because I am not logged in via the web browser on my phone? I thought it would just open the companion app though?+

To try and load in the companion app you would have to remove the baseurl, but that used to occasionally cause issues with IOS.

But the greater issue is why doesn’t it load on IOS. that’s an odd one.

The api does not require authentication (provided you have ticked this in the frigate integration settings), Maybe check on this.

1 Like

As in here?

yep thats good, so it should work on any browser, it’s just a web link.

Do you run other security on your home assistant domain?

It sits behind Swag (nginx), but even if I have it logged in via my phone browser and click the notification I get the same message. I assume it’s because the phone browser doesn’t support the playback, but should it not just open the companion app anyway?

If you remove the baseurl it will open the app

So just do it to the IP address?

No set the baseurl field in the blueprint to empty

1 Like

Sorry for the noob question but what would be an example of a “base URL”. I read the description of it being the “external” URL but still not sure what it wants?

The minimal url you you type to access home assistant in a web browser.

Eg, https://homeassistant.yourdomain.com

@SgtBatten
I opened a feature request here: [Feature Request]: Use Telegram as the notification platform instead of app notifications ¡ Issue #31 ¡ SgtBatten/HA_blueprints (github.com) to try to work through the issues with posting to Telegram.

1 Like

Awesome cheers, now it seems to work, opens the app then a browser?

Odd but im not sure what’s “normal”. I don’t have iOS to do any testing unfortunately.

Hopefully somebody can help. Currently running:
Frigate 0.12
Frigate 4.0.0
IOS 16.5 (upgraded today from 16.4)
Blueprint: Stable

Unable to get any notifications at all.

Installed mqtt explorer and can see all events from frigate/events.

When creating the automation, i just set the entity (camera) and the Mobile Device. (Im getting ios notifications fine from other automations).
I leave everything else - as its optional.

Any thoughts? (Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out)

Any traces at all or nothing triggering?

Please paste your yaml from the automation

I suspect your camera entity doesn’t match your frigate cam name due to have _2 or something after it.

If that’s it, edit it in yaml mode to be correct. I’m working on a better solution. The beta already atrios it out but that causes issues for people who actually have _x on the frigate cam name.