Frigate Mobile App Notifications

OK, I now receive the notification. However, when I clip view clip or snapshot I get a 404 :confused:

Don’t remember needing to do anything special, just followed the instructions. Recommending removing and installing it through HACS, much easier. Then will need to read the instructions to configure the integration then the notes at the top of this page for the notification.

Install HACS

Then follow the instructions

I was hoping if someone could help setting up a time argument so I can send critical notifications at night so it bypasses a silenced device. I tried duplications the blueprint and made modifications to it but the changes do not appear in home assistant when creating a new automation from the duped blueprint.

I have created a basic automation from the blueprint. Like others, I can get it to work. I have the latest of Frigate ( HACS, Integration, supervisor, ). Frigate sends my notifications to my phone via another automation I have created, but I can’t get this one to work. What am I missing here ?

alias: Frigate Notification
description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: hunterjm/frigate_notification.yaml
  input:
    camera: FrontDoor
    notify_device: 729fc7824b2535f9cf6bf6870a52a45f
    zone_filter: false
    labels:
      - person

Has anyone got this blueprint working with Signal Messenger?

I have included signal in the notifications group and not getting any images/messages sent to the signal group

I used the basics of what the blueprint does to come up with something unique. I feel it works good for my use case as the App handles actionable notifications strangely in my opinion.

HassPyFrigate - Better Looking Frigate Notifications Post

HassPyFrigate HASS.IO Addon

hy. anybody knows how to increase the attached thumbnail resolution in the notification? its a little bit low.

thx for the help

How difficult would it be to add an optional field for the URL of the snapshot? For instance, my Frigate instance is only used for AI detection with Coral and I use Blue Iris for all recording. It would be nice for this to grab an image directly from the camera which is available at URL. This way I don’t get the low res detection image from Frigate in the notification. Any ideas?

the thumbnail is a very low res image to begin with. You can change it to snapshot.jpg?bbox=1 to get a full frame snapshot with bounding box.
docs.frigate.video has the API documentation.

1 Like

To do that do I just edit this blueprint section?

- action: URI
  title: View Snapshot
  uri: '{{base_url}}/api/frigate/notifications/{{id}}/snapshot.jpg?bbox=1'

I followed all the instructions but am receiving 404 errors when viewing the clips. Running the latest versions of both.

Any ideas?

That’s a good idea, I often forget to take my phone off silent… what I would probably do is make a second set of automatons and add a time condition to each set so only one goes off at a time and make one use critical notifications. I found it easier to just duplicate one for each camera so I didn’t muck up the blueprint too much. I already modified it to use a previously setup counter system so I temporarily stop getting them after 3 notifications in 30 seconds (my kids playing in the yard was setting them off too much when they are outside)… but anyway thanks for the idea!

I’m getting the detection frame rather than full frame as a snapshot. Is that normal? I’m new to frigate.
Also can a single blueprint automation be used for multiple cameras? To avoid having multiple automations.

I also tried adding bbox=1 to the uri in the blueprint and I’m still getting detection frame low resolution images.

- action: URI
  title: View Snapshot
  uri: '{{base_url}}/api/frigate/notifications/{{id}}/snapshot.jpg?bbox=1'

I noticed frigate takes higher quality snapshots with the bounding box. I can see them in the events
“best image” but how can I use those snapshots in the notification blueprint automation? I’d also add I’m not using 2 streams (main and sub) I’m using blue iris and I have frigate pulling the mainstream at 1280x720. I also can’t download those snapshots and I don’t know where they are saved as I don’t see them in the media folder.

Any ideas? @hunterjm

1 Like

Has anyone had an issue where a video has finished playing and you’re stuck into the video clip? Only a restart of home assistant seems to resolve it for me…

@hunterjm I have the same question as @Bartem. Is there any way to use the full frame instead of just the detection frame? I would like to have full context in the notification, not just a cropped image of exactly what was detected.

Edit: Seems like it just needs to use a snapshot instead of thumbnail.

1 Like

As long as your snapshot is of a higher resolution that’s what I did and it works. If your detection resolution is low it will still be low.

Yes, have the same issue intermittently. If you leave if long enough it fixes itself and goes back into the app.

My current solution is to change the setting in the mobile app to open links in the browser, rather than in the HA App, then the video plays in the browser and you don’t get stuck in the app.

1 Like

I would like to have notification when my camera detects motions for at least 5 seconds. My cam is at front door and I got many unwanted notifications when people just walk by. What should I add to the blueprint?
Thanks in advance.

You would add zones to the camera and then define in the notification blueprint that the motion must be in the zones you want

This is solved my problem with the clips but not with the pictures. For you is still works?