Frigate NVR Tuning

I recently setup Frigate NVR, wow this is amazing. Fantastic work Blake! I have a few questions but have been reluctant to post on Github as that seems more for bugs than general inquiry. I am wondering if its better to setup my cameras with a high resolution? I have a beefy machine setup just for frigate and have resources to spare. I would like to get the clips in better resolution as some of the people detected are far away and its difficult to see them in detail. I know that it will most likely eat up more resources but I have lots to spare as I am on an I7 CPU, 16 gb of ram, 500gb NVME drive, and Coral USB accelerator. OS in Ubuntu Server and at this point Frigate is the only thing on it.

Hi Aaron

FYI there is a Frigate thread where Blake ususally reply to. try to put there your questions:

My configuration, as i read in the frigate docs, keep a 5 fps that should be enaugh for person detecting.
In my config i added these 2 lines too for ffmpeg so i have same quality of the camera stream when frigate record a clip

ffmpeg:
  output_args:
    clips: -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_format mp4 -reset_timestamps 1 -strftime 1 -c copy
    rtmp: -c copy -f flv
1 Like