Frigidaire Air Conditioners

Awesome! if you need another tester let me know.

Got it working today. Still a couple more things to work out, but if you want to test it’s here:

Thanks, just added it and it’s seems to be working great for me so far, i’ll let you guys know if anything weird happens.

Discovery works fine after signing in with my credentials, but both air conditioners show as “Unavailable” for me. They’re working fine with homebridge currently though. I even tried disabling the homebrdige integration just in case it was interfering in some way but no dice. Has anyone ran into this?

1 Like

Same thing here, discovered my A/C but is listed as “Unavailable”
I added the integration through HACS instead of copying the integration to the custom_components folder. Not sure if this method could cause the error.

Got it working. It looks like something in the most recent commit is causing the “Unavailable” issue. What I did was clone the repo and checkout the last commit before the most recent one (the commit on 9/3). Now it’s working.

Thanks for that, now works for me too. Sept 3rd commit

I added bm1549/home-assistant-frigidaire to config/custom_components via HACS. Restarted twice but it still doesn’t appear in Configuration > Integrations in HA.

Sorry about that. Latest version fixes the unavailable problems.

I also tried cloning the repo and copying over the frigidaire folder into custom_components and restarting. Any recommendations? I’m on HA 2021.8.6

Try shift-reloading the page in your browser as well.

Shift-reloading the page worked. Unfortunately, the dehumidifier is “Unavailable.”

That should be fixed with the latest code. It should just be unavailable whenever it’s unavailable through the Frigidaire app as well.

Hi, i have the same problem. I have Dehumidifier, it works in Frigidaire app. When integration asks me to sign-in, it says “Success, Created configuration for frigidaire” It doesn’t say N devices added or anything else. Then, when I check it says entity not available. Is it working for others? Below is what I see in the log.

Logger: homeassistant.components.humidifier
Source: custom_components/frigidaire/humidifier.py:158
Integration: Humidifier (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:14:11 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:14:11 PM

Error adding entities for domain humidifier with platform frigidaire
Error while setting up frigidaire platform for humidifier
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 382, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 587, in _async_add_entity
await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 698, in add_to_platform_finish
self.async_write_ha_state()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 464, in async_write_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 500, in _async_write_ha_state
attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/humidifier/init.py”, line 145, in state_attributes
data[ATTR_MODE] = self.mode
File “/config/custom_components/frigidaire/humidifier.py”, line 158, in mode
return FRIGIDAIRE_TO_HA_MODE[frigidaire_mode]
KeyError: 6

It seems like your dehumidifier has some modes that mine doesn’t. What model do you have? And what modes does it have? Mine just has ‘dry’ (which keeps the humidity at a certain setpoint) and ‘continuous’ (which just runs all the time.)

It has Auto, Quiet, Dry and Continuous modes. Mode# FGAC5044W1. On top of that it has Ionizer option, which can be turned on/off through the app. So far, I have Homeassistant send commands to Alexa to turn the dehumidifier On/Off.

I have a dehumidifier (model FGAC5044W1) with the same modes and ionizer as @calllka21. Would love to get this to work if I can contribute in any way.

1 Like

@newmanzone @calllka21 If either of you wants to try out just using the raw library to connect to your device and just sniffing out some of the codes for the different modes.
Otherwise, (and probably in addition,) we should make it fail more elegantly, and log some of the info, such that we can implement it by just looking at error logs from new devices.

1 Like

Thanks @newmanzone. I made a pull with the new modes to the underlying library based on your investigation.

Need to figure out how we detect which modes are available on each model before we can implement it on the HA side though.

1 Like

Hi,

I would like to try, but need some handholding :slight_smile: Please let me know what/how to do. Thank you.