Fritz Comet Dect Thermost

Hi,
Thanks for the quick support. Now it works again.
:ok_hand:

Cheers

Hi hthiery,

@hthiery I really donā€™t wanna bother youā€¦
But Iā€™m currently trying to get forward with some other things, and all of a sudden I receive again some errorsā€¦(even after moving back all changesā€¦)

Could you have again a look?

Log Details (ERROR)
Fri Jan 26 2018 01:23:56 GMT+0100 (MitteleuropƤische Zeit)

Error while setting up platform fritzhome
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 171, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 245, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/fritzhome.py", line 40, in setup_platform
    device_list = fritz.get_devices()
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyfritzhome/fritzhome.py", line 127, in get_devices
    device = FritzhomeDevice(self, node=element)
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyfritzhome/fritzhome.py", line 231, in __init__
    self._update_from_node(node)
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyfritzhome/fritzhome.py", line 250, in _update_from_node
    self.actual_temperature = int(get_node_value(n, 'tist')) / 2
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

OK after upgrade to 0.62.0 works againā€¦
Probabyl it was related to the double entries in the known devices? I remeber there were some entries in the log with double devicesā€¦
anyway: works fine again.
A big thank you for your work in general. Do you know when it will be integrated in homeassistant?

Hi @hthiery, will you be planning support for more than 1 FritzBox in future? Built-in AVM module does support that, but no Comet Dect and your module supports Comet Dect, but only 1 Box :cry:. Would be really nice to find a solution for that one dayā€¦

What do you mean with built-in AVM module?

I mean the the AVM Switch Addon in official repository:
https://home-assistant.io/components/switch.fritzdect/. This one supports more than one box, but only DECT 200 switches.

As I understood, your development is a custom on not (yet) included in official repository. This one supports DECT 300 / Comet DECT, too, but only for one box. I wanted to know, if multi-box support is planned by you in future.

Iā€™m working on Integration to upstream and plan to support multiple fritzboxes.

First I will release a custom component in my GitHub repo. Just to note that the platform is renamed from fritzhone to fritzbox. This was done after a discussion with the Home-Assistent maintainers.

Hi, a new version with multi fritzbox support is now available on my github account. Please try it out and give feedback if this will work wiht multiple fritzboxes on your site. This would be great because I use only one fritzbox.

Hi @hthiery,

having the problem with failed login for my second box. See more details here:

Could you help? Only difference with regard to my 1st box is that 2nd box is not really local, but permanently connected via VPN. It is detected by device tracker of platform fritz, but login fails nonetheless. Credentials are correct.

I think youā€™re are talking about fritzbox component to access the smarthome devices. Did you try to setup with IP address?

Yes, fritzbox component and access of dect smarthome devices connected to fritzboxes.

As described in the thread linked to you (see all my fritzbox-related config there), I access my second fritzbox the same way like my first one - by IP address. HASS can then login to the first - like before - but for the second one, login fails. I suppose that the reason may be that this box is not connected really locally, but by a permanent VPN connection. But maybe, I am wrong and there seems to be another kind of bug.

Hi,

after reading the described problem I think it is not a problem of the network (MAC address or something else).

Can you confirm that you granted the correct rights to the user you want to login into the 2. fritzbox?

Yes, I did. I compared with the user / rights set for my first FritzBox which gets successful login.

could you try to install pyfritzhome (pip install pyfritzhome ) and check if you can use the fritzhome cli tool to connect to your fritzbox ā€¦

e.g.
fritzhome -f <IP> -u <USER> -p <PASSWORD> list

this should list you all the available devices.

what kind of fritzbox do you use and what os version is installed?

It is Fritzbox 6890 LTE with latest OS available

are you able to try the command mentioned in the post above?