From reddit

Please don’t write off the forum for a single (or group) of threads. There are plenty of people here willing to help.

I’ve read the thread from your link and honestly don’t see what you see, but I do understand that everyone sees/reads/feels things differently.

As you know, the subreddit is back up, so you can post there again, however I hope you give this forum a chance.

2 Likes

How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question :ok_hand:

I tried helping as much as I can with guiding the person to the answer. This is not a helpdesk. And honestly it comes across as demanding and entitled when you don’t just get the answer and strictly the solution on a silver platter.

I explained why it didn’t work and how he can make sure to get the correct answer (like directing to the correct thread.) Which in my opinion the point for newcomers (like I was myself): guide them to the answer, so they understand why their code doesn’t work and not just copy/paste. The user also replied to me (which you left out when singling my reply): Thank you for pointing me the way.

It is normal for people to at least do same basic research OR elaborate the question more. Asking stuff like: how can I do this or why doesn’t this work, without posting code or explaining what has been tried, gets tiring fast. Take this how you will. But if you take a look at my profile, I sincerely hope you will tone down your wording, since I have helped/contributed plenty of times. And will continue to do so.

2 Likes

Tone down my wording?

I guess I made my point. It has been said multiple times on the subreddits that they don’t feel comfortable posting here when everyone was discussing what to do with the blackout.

Regardless, no personal offense was meant.

2 Likes

Funny you how you can say ‘no personal offense was meant’ when direct quoting someone to set an example as the problem. While taking my response directed to that user as purely offensive, while no offense was intended :wink:

See ya!

I also saw no issue with what was written in the tap action post.

Perhaps it’s time to shine the flashlight in the mirror?

2 Likes