Fronius power meter (and inverter) - help with configuration

That’s grid path, which is good - assuming it is correct.

Now what values don’t match to Fronius data?

well i was trying to delete the post as i think i figured it out

im just used to working off Power instead of energy, its just a number but in the fronius app shows this

its just understanding it better

The HA energy page is showing energy data, summed for each hour. That Fronius app screenshot is a snapshot of live power data. They are different things.

The HA energy page is showing in the lower pane the solar PV output by hour, while the top panel shows where that energy went - some of it self-consumed (orange), the balance exported to the grid (purple).

The HA Energy page animated graphic on the right with the moving dots is a bit confusing as it is showing energy totals, while the animated graphics give the impression it is power data like the Fronius app is showing.

Hello,

Newbie here. Installed Fronius via integration and local IP. The inverter is limited to 0 injection into the grid due to paperwork ongoing. No battery, just on grid system. Is this configuration OK?
Thanks!

Hi,

Is there any way to get the energy dashboard working correctly if the inverter is set in consumption path (meter_location=1)?

I’ve tried to change it to 0 but then I get wrong mettering data so I guess it has to stay set to 1.

Thanks!

1 Like

See How to configure meter in Consumption path (1)? · Issue #21804 · home-assistant/home-assistant.io · GitHub
If you figured out how to do it correctly, it would be great if you contributed to the integration documentation :scroll:

Changing it to 0 would not help. It is the physical position of the meter.

0 - Feed-in point, means that the meter has been installed between your utility meter and anything else inside your house. It measures what comes from the grid and what leaves your house to the grid.

1 - Consumption point, means that all your consumers on the house side of the meter, but your PV installation on the grid side of the meter. SolarWeb does the calculations according the values about produced and consumed electricity.

2 Likes

Looks good! If it is a Primo, then you are absolutely good. If it is a Symo, make sure how your utility meter really counts consumption and production.
If the meter does algebraic calculation, you need to set the limitation per phase to do not produce to the grid.
If the meter does vector sum calculation, then the limitation can be set to whole system.

I believe the Fronius Smart Meter does a vector sum calculation. Your utility meter might do it differently.

1 Like

Hey @GSzabados and @luixal, thanks for updating the HA documentation for the Fronius integration for consumption path-based Smart Meter’s. I have been struggling to get this functional and your above post and diagram were very useful, however with your abovementioned post and pending HA documentation update I am getting closer to resolve.

I have a Fronius Primo 5.0-1 (latest firmware 3.21.4-1) with Smart Meter 63A-1 configured within the consumption path. HA has confirmed the Meter Location is ‘1’ and I have updated the configuration.yaml and energy config with your documented changes and all appears to be working with exception of the sensor.energy_sold is not enumerating a value. i.e. Unknown.

Energy Graph - Missing Energy_Sold

SolarWeb - Highlighting Power to the Grid

configuration.yaml

States

Energy Configuration - sensor.energy_sold Error

Device Information

Hopefully something obvious I have missed. :slight_smile: Thanks all.

To be honest, I would ask an electrician to rewire the meter to feed-in position and change the settings in the inverter, then you would have everything in Energy without the integrals (grid production, grid consumption, and solar production as well).

I’ve checked what you posted and it all looks correct.

But, I have no idea why is it unknown. Actually I am not using any integrals, so I have no idea why the value is unknown.

I would look at the sensor.power_sold for the past 24 hours, what values it have. And if it looks good, then I would build the integral again but with a new name/entity, to see if is it working. You might want to try to use left method as well for the integral.

I don’t have any better idea. All seems to be correct.

Edit: By the way what version of HA are you using? Have you, by any chance, manually changed unit_of_measurement on the integral? Do you have any errors or warnings in the log related to integral or this sold sensor(s)?

Hey @GSzabados thanks for the reply and sorry for the tardy response (one of those terrible work weeks coupled with kids and COVID). Firstly, great to hear my configuration is valid. I have certainly tested previous fronius modules (with manual yaml configurations), however all of those are all removed and associated statistics. I am running the current HA release -1 and have experience the issue since I enabled over the past few months. I haven’t deviated from the documentation and changed the unit_of_measurement either.

I have looked through the historical statistics, sensor.energy_sold has always been Unknown and sensor.power_sold has only recorded 0. Current state is as follows:

Looking through my logs I have noticed the following …

Logger: homeassistant.components.integration.sensor
Source: components/integration/sensor.py:175
Integration: Integration - Riemann sum integral sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:33:48 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:33:48 PM

sensor.energy_sold could not restore last state unknown: [<class 'decimal.ConversionSyntax'>]

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/connection.py:96
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:33:37 PM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:33:38 PM

[281473016625616] Received invalid command: energy/info
[281473016338800] Received invalid command: mobile_app/push_notification_channel
[281473010101024] Received invalid command: energy/info

Test your template when you have power to the grid.

If it has recorded 0 that would mean that you haven’t had any power sent to the grid, but your screenshot from SolarWeb suggests differently.

The Riemann Sum might give Unknown, because the power_sold being always 0…

To make sure that you have any energy sold, check your utility meter, what counts your usage and production and managed by the energy company.

The unknown state in the energy_sold comes from the only 0 values of the power_sold. I think you haven’t had any power output to the grid.

1 Like

Good news. Ended up being a typo in the yaml file. All working as per design. Thanks @GSzabados. Testing the template identified the issue.

1 Like

I am also getting the unknown values - and dont understand yaml coding. Can you please post the corrected yaml code without the typo?

Hey @Maxcat, sorry missed your post. I had a “.” instead of “_” on last octet of the IP address in the sensor.power_grid_fronius_power_flow… object. (sigh)

template:
  - sensor:
      # positive values are from grid
      - name: "power_bought"
        # friendly_name: 'Solar power production'
        unit_of_measurement: W
        state: >-
          {{ max(states('sensor.power_grid_fronius_power_flow_0_192_168_86_15') | float, 0) }}
        device_class: power
      # negative values are to grid
      - name: "power_sold"
        # friendly_name: 'Solar power production'
        unit_of_measurement: W
        state: >-
          {{ max((0 - states('sensor.power_grid_fronius_power_flow_0_192_168_86_15') | float), 0) }}
        device_class: power

is it also possible to get the UAC_L1, L2, L3 and IAC_L1, L2, L3 outputs from the API with the integration pack? or do i need to put in a separate API call?

Yes, if you have a Smartmeter connected. But these are disabled by default - you’d have to enable them from the devices page. These don’t need additional API calls.

but I dont have the smartmeter (yet) - but the datalogger should allow:

GetInverterRealtimeData scope=”Device” and collection=”3PInverterData” on GEN24
Symo

{
"Body" : {
"Data" : {
"IAC_L1" : {
"Unit" : "A",
"Value" : 0.39000001549720764
},
"IAC_L2" : {
"Value" : 0.38900002837181091
},
"IAC_L3" : {
"Value" : 0.3970000147819519
},
"UAC_L1" : {
"Unit" : "V",
"Value" : 233.1000061035156
1 Like

This endpoint is not queried by the core integration.